Title: US Hunter kills Alberta bear with GoPro-equipped spear
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: BeaverFever
Date: 2016-08-15 12:43:29
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:46 pm

Big hero bait-hunter. Fucking loser. One of these days a bear will shove that spear right up your ass.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:55 pm

Who in the fuck OK'd letting this evil piece of shit into our country?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:05 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Who in the fuck OK'd letting this evil piece of shit into our country?

That or a gun, what's the difference? :?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:08 pm

Suffering

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:12 pm

If you don't kill immediately with a gun/arrow/spear, the animal will suffer.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:43 pm

Less likely for an immediate kill with a spear and what kind of sick fuck would want to spear an animal to death anyway?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:46 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Less likely for an immediate kill with a spear and what kind of sick fuck would want to spear an animal to death anyway?

:lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:01 pm

Outrage after hunter films himself killing black bear with homemade SPEAR and leaving it to bleed to death in the woods

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3741063/Outrage-hunter-films-spearing-black-bear-homemade-weapon-leaving-bleed-death-woods.html

He isn't a real hunter he's a moron getting his kicks with a homemade spear and a GoPro.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:00 pm

Stiff fine (and possible jail time) and a 'no' to re-entry. Fuck this guy. Hunt for food, not for sport.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:45 pm

I agree with most that's said here, however I have never hunted bear, as I have no intention of eating the meat. But... I have lived in areas with and without bear hunts. In hunting areas the Bears are more respectful. If people are the main predator, bears learn to avoid humans.
And Ray, spearfishing is a blast!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:09 pm

AB govt stepping in to put a stop to this kind of idiocy before more of these sadistic fucking morons try to turn it into a trend.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/08/15/am ... rn-alberta

$1:
Hunting wildlife with spears will be banned in Alberta in the wake of video footage showing an American hunter throwing a spear into a black bear in the northern part of the province.

Labelling the practice of modern spear hunting as “archaic” and “unacceptable,” the government on Monday condemned the actions of hunter Josh Bowmar and asked fish and wildlife officers to investigate the incident to determine if charges were warranted.

The Alberta government said Monday it is currently updating the province’s hunting regulations and promised to introduce a spear ban in the fall.

Good column here.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/08/15/be ... -its-worst

$1:
His lack of heart is clear the minute Josh Bowmar starts to giggle like a giddy kid, having just mortally wounded a hungry bear with his homemade spear, sending the animal fleeing into the woods with its guts hanging out.

But what’s really astounding is the American trophy hunter’s total lack of brains: at what point did the fitness fanatic and former champion javelin tosser think a public YouTube video of a curious bear baited with food and then eviscerated in a sneak attack was a good idea?

Backlash over the kill has been global, and it’s been vicious — and unfortunately, because this black bear was killed in Alberta under the supervision of a Swan Hill outfitter, the world’s revulsion has targeted this province too, leaving Alberta sporting a black eye over a legal hunt.

“I just speared a bear. I’ve worked so hard. This is crazy. That was a huge bear. I can’t believe that just happened. He’s going down. I drilled him perfect,” trumpets the 26-year-old bodybuilder, after leaving the bear to flee wounded into the woods.

“That was the longest throw I thought I would ever make. I mean, that was a 12 to 15-yard spear throw. On the ground. No blind. No back-up. We have no shotguns within miles of here.”

Maybe he feels brave and bold, but Bowmar comes off in the video as a coward and buffoon, first for baiting the bear with food in a barrel — raw meat being a common lure — and then by wasting time boasting about his awesomeness, rather than immediately working to put the bruin out of its misery.

Not surprisingly, the video was blocked by Monday afternoon, but not before 208,000 people had watched Bowmar’s ego-fueled footage, which he just couldn’t keep private.

Maybe Bowmar didn’t realize so many people dislike hunting, and even more loathe animal cruelty. Either way, the camera-happy fool is now paying the price.

The predictable backlash towards Bowmar and his hunting-partner wife echoes outrage heard after Cecil the Lion was killed last year by American dentist Walter Palmer, who hit the African lion with an arrow and then took another 40 hours to kill the animal.

“What you both do is disgusting, no matter how much you try to justify it. You kill for fun and the glee on your faces after something is killed is horrifying. The world would be better off without people like you,” reads one of the tamer posts left on Sarah Bowmar’s public Facebook page.

Inevitably, the video has triggered death threats, petitions for criminal charges and demands all sponsorship for their personal training business be withdrawn.

The Alberta government is doing damage control by suggesting spear hunting will be banned in the province.

All this, because Bowmar felt the need to brag online.

The hunting party didn’t find the Alberta black bear until the next day, when Swan Hills hunting guides John and Jenn Rivet led the Bowmars back to the bait station to track the bruin, a wait they claim was necessary because the spearing had taken place late in the day and chasing the bear would have been dangerous.

Bowmar, in a statement issued to the U.K.’s Mirror newspaper, defends himself: “The bear I speared only ran 60 yards and died immediately, that’s as humane and ethical as one could get in a hunting situation on big game animals. Trust me, no one cares more about these animals than us hunters, especially me.”

And while it’s true the dead bear was found a short distance away, at least ten hours had passed — and as if to prove his total lack of sympathy for the creature, Bowmar’s video shows him gloating over bits of gore left behind by the fleeing bear.

Maybe he did nothing legally wrong, and Bowmar certainly isn’t the first foreign hunter to pay for an Alberta kill.

And it’s also true even the cleanest, most humane hunt would upset some people, who just can’t bear to see an animal die.

But this kill was about bragging-rights, ego and fist bumps — and thanks to Bowmar’s video, the whole world has now seen hunting at its worst.

Last edited by Thanos on Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:24 pm

Spears don't kill people....

I'm kidding, this guy's a freaking dumbass

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:22 am

He's not a hunter he's a punk with a Homemade spear and a GoPro.