canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:21 am

Title: Windows smashed, ticket issued as parking job interferes with firefighters
Category: Funny
Posted By: Freakinoldguy
Date: 2019-07-24 07:18:58
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:21 am

DO NOT FUCK WITH FIREFIGHTERS

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:24 am

I wish we could do this to all the douches who think they can park wherever they want.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:05 pm

Not defending the douche on bit but two things come to mind.

1) Shouldn't the curb be painted read. In the US most curbs around a fire hydrant are. At least in Texas and what I remember in Ohio.

2) The grass is very high around that area. Who's job is it to keep it cut. In Ohio it was the property owners job. Had one a couple of houses down from where I lived. Not sure in Texas but at my work we have land scapers out every week and they keep ours very clean of debris.

Still DO NOT F'ing PARK IN FRONT OF A FIRE HYDRANT. No excuses at all for doing this.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:01 pm

Most Canadian Cities parking by-laws read like this:
(Actual Calgary Parking By-Law)
3. (1) Unless required or permitted by the Act or by a Traffic Control Device, or in
compliance with the directions of a Peace Officer, or to avoid conflict with other
traffic, a driver of a vehicle shall not stop or park that vehicle:

(f) within 5 metres of any fire hydrant, or when the hydrant is not located at
the curb, within 5 metres of the point on the curb nearest the hydrant;

Meaning it's not the cities responsibility to ensure you are aware of where you are parking; that said, sometimes they do paint the curb red.

I used to work with a CFD Captain, he told me when they encounter situations like this they smash out the drivers side and passenger side window and when they run the hose through the car, they put a link in the car and they purposefully do a shit job hooking it up so it leaks.

When the RO gets the car back, both windows are smashed and there is extensive water damage.

As I said at the outset, Do not fuck with the Fire Department.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:29 pm

llama66 llama66:
Most Canadian Cities parking by-laws read like this:
(Actual Calgary Parking By-Law)
3. (1) Unless required or permitted by the Act or by a Traffic Control Device, or in
compliance with the directions of a Peace Officer, or to avoid conflict with other
traffic, a driver of a vehicle shall not stop or park that vehicle:

(f) within 5 metres of any fire hydrant, or when the hydrant is not located at
the curb, within 5 metres of the point on the curb nearest the hydrant;

Meaning it's not the cities responsibility to ensure you are aware of where you are parking; that said, sometimes they do paint the curb red.

I used to work with a CFD Captain, he told me when they encounter situations like this they smash out the drivers side and passenger side window and when they run the hose through the car, they put a link in the car and they purposefully do a shit job hooking it up so it leaks.

When the RO gets the car back, both windows are smashed and there is extensive water damage.

Sounds good to me. Was just wondering. Also isn't that freaking taught in basic driving courses.
As I said at the outset, Do not fuck with the Fire Department

Sorry I cut out the last line of the quote but I do agree 100%

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:10 pm

KARMA!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:51 pm

Ignorance of the law excuses not...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:56 pm

stratos stratos:
Not defending the douche on bit but two things come to mind.

1) Shouldn't the curb be painted read. In the US most curbs around a fire hydrant are. At least in Texas and what I remember in Ohio.

2) The grass is very high around that area. Who's job is it to keep it cut. In Ohio it was the property owners job. Had one a couple of houses down from where I lived. Not sure in Texas but at my work we have land scapers out every week and they keep ours very clean of debris.

Still DO NOT F'ing PARK IN FRONT OF A FIRE HYDRANT. No excuses at all for doing this.

In Canada we don't paint the curbs to denote different parking zones (prohibited, handicapped, etc.) like many US cities do - my guess would be because half of the year it is covered in snow and not visible to drivers. Instead we rely on street signs telling drivers where parking is allowed (or how long like loading zones).

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:57 pm

raydan raydan:
Ignorance of the law excuses not...

Unless you're law enforcement in the USA. The US Supreme Court ruled that cops can enforce whatever laws their steroid addled minds imagine.

Can a cop enforce a law against wearing Madras in public on a Sunday? If he thinks the law is real then the US Supreme Court in all their boot-licking glory says he can. :roll:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/opinion ... and-i-cant

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:43 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I wish we could do this to all the douches who think they can park wherever they want.

Buy a 4" hose and just go for it. By the time these idiots figure out that you're not a firefighter you can be long gone. :wink:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:04 am

I agree with what you write and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.