canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:21 am

Seeings how it went strait to video much like the 2nd did I assumed it sucked.

RT and IMDB are giving surprise reviews. Considering the low expectations since the last one flopped so badly they have no where to go but up. The Nazi imagry seems to be still on theme however...

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:12 am

Does this one have a surprise nude shower scene too?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:46 am

The first one sucked ( though the special effects were good)and the second one sucked worse. The third I may watch someday if it comes on the late show and I am bored.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:21 am

I made the mistake of watching it last night. It truly does suck. The CGI appears to be some kind of Atati-esque throwback to about 1992. The acting was just awful for the most part and so was the majority of the script. About the only high-point was that some of the "Federal Network" news clips were somewhat amusing just like they were back in the first film.

All in all I put this one down as about an hour-and-a-half of my life that I won't ever get back again. The only thing that might have saved this disaster would have been if Jolene Blalock had taken her top off and let the twins out for some fresh air but this unfortunately didn't happen. My advice: leave direct-to-video crap like this on the shelf in the store where it belongs.

EDIT TO STEAL THIS FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE:

The Hottie and the Nottie (2008) Starship Troopers 3: Marauder (2008)
The film, starring socialite Paris Hilton the going-nowhere Casper van Dien and the apparently-hooked-on-methamphetamine-again Jolene Blalock, has been critically lambasted, with a 5% rating from Rotten Tomatoes and a 6 out of 100 on Metacritic. IGN gave it a 0 star review, saying "Hottie and the Nottie Starship Troopers 3 presents a problem because there are just no words to adequately express how clumsy, trite and deeply offensive it is from start to finish." Film critic Scott Feinberg reported that a colleague muttered, "Shoot me in the fucking face," during a Boston press screening of the film.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:53 am

Lol, that's a good review.

I probably would have liked the first one better if I wasn't a Heinlien fan.
When I heard it was becoming a movie I was pumped but then they of course went and screwed it up royally.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:59 am

They sucked cause they didn't have Neil Patrick Harris.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:05 am

Doesn't look too bad for a DVD release, but the acting is still just as wooden as the first. Still, with the name Marauder in the title, I was hoping for them to go to the battle suits (called Marauder suits) in Heinlein's book.

Watch the trailer here;

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/02/27/s ... 3-trailer/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:58 pm

Read the fucking book. These movies are shit.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:54 pm

Tricks Tricks:
They sucked cause they didn't have Neil Patrick Harris.

Fuken EH!

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:59 pm

How about this, Kirk Cameron is back on the big screen with the new movie Fireproof
http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/ B-series movie? The ladies are going to scream his name again

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:33 pm

I was looking for a video and I rented this and I blame you, Boot and Scape.

This sucked. If god drank a whole bottle of cheap bordertown tequila and a dinner of street vender food from the midnight market in manila, got the runs and sprayed all that in one toilet, this movie would still be worst. It was wosrt than Universal soldier or anything Bud Spencer and Terance Hill ever did. It was worst than Jack Palance on a really bad day. Beastmaster or the remake of Rollerball was like heaven compared to this reaking turd spread out on video.

All you're recomendations are now, and forever, dead to me!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:49 pm

I didn't mean for you to rent it rain. I was wondering about it myself because I like the 1st one. But hey, think of it this way, when you do watch a good flick then it will seem all the better from the contrast. Might I recommend the The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles on DVD.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:50 am

Son.. I've seen films that would make you're toes curl into skies. Movies that would make roudy Rody Pipers "Hell comes to frog town"" look like Macbeth.

This was shit of unbelieveable generous helpings.
You're enemy is a semi-armored but very mobile bug that can only hurt you in close combat. SO what doo you do? You rely totslly on an electric fence and not mines and wire that work good enough on humans. You construct narrow corridord on you're bases to channel the enemy and reduce you're long range advantage. You also arm you're troops with inadiquate ridled that take a magazine of ire to kill one enemy.

The books were fun but this is painfull torture.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:44 am

The Bridge at No Gun Ri: A Hidden Nightmare from the Korean War

You want toes curled?

Video

Seoul probes civilian `massacres'

Korean War pilot: `We're not lily-white'

My step father was in that war and he told me a few stories that would do far more than make toes curl.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:21 pm

Looking back on this,I can appreciste that others ignored my warning because I typed like a madman. If they didn't heed my warning, then they can get bent...

Scape.. don't try to placate me with tasty tactical tidbits. I'm wary of you're feights and guiles now. You're Korean stories sound good but I'm wary of you now.

I note you didn't mention "the great raid" which, aside from the humanitary interest, was a good war movie too. Not a toes curled story but guts good army shit.