Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:28 pm

So I just looked in the mirror and I have bruising across the front of my neck, and not a small one like 4 inches wide and 1 inch tall. I cannot figure out where it came from, has anybody else had this happen when they have a bad cold or have been sleeping all day? I have never heard about this before,

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:32 pm

Too much smoochin' under the bleachers after the game!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:33 pm

I wish!!!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:51 pm

Maybe from some auto-erotic strangulation thing? :wink:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:58 pm

Hey have you been watching CSI recently?

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:37 pm

There's just WAY too many thoughts going through my mind now.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:51 pm

Good one!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:32 am

Could be a restless sleep where you were tossing and turning and just hit your self a few times. Maybe you slept in an akward postion.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:45 am

I dont think it is restless sleep since I woke up in the same position I went to sleep in. And yes it hurts to touch, it is a lot darker today, lokks weird now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:52 am

uhh... go see a doctor. That isn't normal

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:57 am

I dont particularily like docs....It doesnt really hurt so I am planning on just leaving it, at least until MOnday.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:02 am

Maybe the spiders got a little rough on you, when you were asleep. :P

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:10 am

Hey Zoraja, is your period just about to start? I get random bruises in the week before...

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:38 am

Zoraja Zoraja:
I dont particularily like docs....It doesnt really hurt so I am planning on just leaving it, at least until MOnday.

Here's my little story about ignoring strange bruises because you don't like doctors (which I definitely don't):

About two month's ago I dropped a five kilo weight on my right foot's big toe. LOUD moaning and cursing for about twenty minutes until the pain subsided (I have an ingrown nail on that toe so the pain was really quite substantial). I gave it a cursory exam. Bit of greenish-blue discolouration (a bruise I thought), some swelling, and mild pain when touched lightly. Nothing unusual I figured, considering the circumstance. So a few weeks go by, the pain decreases as does the swelling. The discolouration remains the same colour and shape, which I note is unusual for a bruise, but nothing to worry about, right?

So, last Saturday the the ingrown portion is bothering me and I figure I'll trim it back. Now, my powers of observation must be diminishing because I fail to note the nail is still the same length as when I injured the toe (and my nails tend to grow REAL FAST). So I grab the clippers and begin to insert them under the front edge of the nail. OOPS! The nails begins to lift out along the sides and as I continue to lift the nail, it detaches at the cuticle (except for one stubborn bit, about a centimeter wide).

Houston, I think we have problem!

So Monday, I make an appointment with my Doc (his receptionist sounds really grossed-out by my description). I saw the Doc on Tuesday, and he says I killed one of the nerves in that toe (obviously not the right one since there is still occasional pain), the nail bed is dead and won't grow back.

"Dang" says I, "You mean I won't have to trim that nail no more nor have to deal with an ingrown nail. SUUUWEEET!" He says to keep it covered so the nail doesn't catch on anything and rip out the part still attached (which he assures me will detach on it's own in a week or two).

Moral: If you don't know if it's serious, get it checked-out. So what if it's nothing. It's better than ignoring it and having a formerly firmly attached body part become unattached (which could be rather more annoying in the case of a neck becoming unattached vice the loss of an unwanted toe nail).

Edit: The Doc also mentioned that if it doesn't detach by itself, surgery will be required. He assures me that the procedure will be most uncomfortable, as he has had to have a toe nail of his own removed. I didn't bother to inquire as to the events that prompted his good fortune (losing a toe nail is a good thing in my opinion, as long as it's the only portion of the toe which becomes seperated).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:08 am

Maybe we should call you 'Nine nails'. well if the fact that you don't have to trim the one nail make you happy, maybe you should get out the hammer and finish the job, there's only 9 left! :wink: