Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:57 am

$1:
People are dying of COVID-19 in record numbers. Why don't we notice?

There are 3 major points the article makes.
1. Statistics are not being reported by the media like they were in the beginning. Without the constant reminders people become complacent.
2. The major suffers in the developed world now are the elderly and they are dying with Covid not necessarily because of Covid. If you are not elderly then the tendency is look at it from a personal level thinking you are safe or it does not affect you.
3. With a relatively high degree of vaccinations and taking some basic precautions we can mitigate our risk. For the employed or on a world basis the rich are protected. The burden of the disease falls on the economically disadvantaged (homeless) and poor countries. Again if that does not apply to you ................

People are hoping that Covid will be something we are generally immune to and become to have the impact of the common cold or flu. A century ago flu outbreaks could be a major health hazard. Farther back in time even a cold could be fatal. Maybe wishful thinking but if people do not feel an immediate threat to themselves then the level of concern drops dramatically.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:30 am

Caelon Caelon:
Maybe wishful thinking but if people do not feel an immediate threat to themselves then the level of concern drops dramatically.

That is human nature. It goes along with our poor ability to plan for the future. 816 people in Saskatchewan die of COVID, no one bats an eye. If it was because of tainted beef, there would be riots in the streets.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:40 am

Rogue antibody and mystery pathogen behind AstraZeneca blood clots: study

$1:
A rare gene combined with exposure to a mystery pathogen may have caused the blood clotting issues that plagued AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine.

Australia pinned much of its COVID-19 response strategy on AstraZeneca’s vaccine, with 50 million doses produced by CSL’s Broadmeadows plant.

But at the height of the pandemic last year, as millions of Australians were preparing to roll up their sleeves, the vaccine was linked to an extremely rare but deadly blood clot disease.

It left many with a tough choice: get jabbed and take the three-in-100,000 risk of clots, or decline the vaccine and take your chances with the virus. In total, 173 Australians suffered clots, and eight people died.

Exactly what caused the clots has remained a mystery. But this month a team of Australian scientists led by Flinders University’s head of immunology Professor Tom Gordon reported in the journal Blood that they had traced the culprit down a single gene – and a mystery pathogen.

“This was very unusual,” Gordon said. “In 35 years of looking at blood autoantibodies I have never seen anything like this.”

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:02 pm

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:38 pm

Morocco to ban arrivals from China over COVID surge

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:41 pm

Canada to require negative COVID-19 test for air travellers coming from China

It only took 3 days after the USA did it.

It's probably too late now just like 3 freaking years ago...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:32 pm

Shit, I had a customer yesterday ask me if I was wearing a mask because it was company policy that I do. I replied that no, it is my personal choice that I do. He said "well, it's my personal choice not to". I said "ok, that's fine". Then he went on a rant about it... :roll:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7991 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 523  524  525  526  527  528  529 ... 533  Next