Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:35 pm

This pissess me off!
:evil:
Militants strapped with explosives seize Russian school, take hundreds hostage

It's a school for God's sake! These are children. Nothing, and I mean nothing can justify these peoples actions.

My hopes and prayers go out to the hostages and there families.

As for the terrorists....may the burn in hell :twisted:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:11 pm

polemarch1 polemarch1:
As for the terrorists....may the burn in hell :twisted:

They will.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:07 pm

Thhe U.S. God bless them have offered any help they can provide to Pres Putin on this

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:09 pm

kinda reminds you of littleton colorado and taber, doesn't it?

it is sick.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:31 pm

There should have international action in the former USSR long ago. I am not at all encouraged when the US offers "help" to Russia. The UN should have made it clear long ago that countries seeking to leave the USSR or Russia could do just that.

Now we have Bush and Putin, a pair of extremists who have bombed women and children, facing off against a bunch of extremists who are quite willing to kidnap women and children to oppose the extremists they wish to confront? I can't say I'm surprised, but I can say I'm disgusted.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:31 am

Thank god its over. CBC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:56 am

Over?? It is not over. They have released 26 people of the 300 more hostages they have. It is not over at all as I see it!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:11 am

Can't say you couldn't see it coming. I've often wondered how long it will be til terrorist target schools, and given Russia's history in Chechnya, and their present policies, you just can't be too surprised.

Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:31 am

When the USSR collapsed there was no help to make it a smooth transition. How can people let the Soviet Union break up but when Quebec wants to seperate it's a bad thing? Part of the problem was the world saying it's okay for these territories in the USSR to become soverign. It shouldn't of been accepted so fast.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:12 am

I'm sure this is going to end in a good deal of dead children cause I can't see the Russian government giving in to their unrealistic demands.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:09 am

Russian troops storm school

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:41 am

Isengard Isengard:
Over?? It is not over. They have released 26 people of the 300 more hostages they have. It is not over at all as I see it!

That will teach me to read the whole thing... They military stormed the place, I hope that it was a success. I do not have the time to check it out. I take 5 min breaks and get my news from you guys. Much faster and easier. Keep me posted.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:02 am

Russian authorities claimed to have control of the school, but sporadic gunfire continued to ring out in the area some three hours after the commandos' raid.

More than 400 others, hostages and residents, were injured in the chaos, reports said. A cameraman for private British television ITN reported catching a glimpse of some 100 bodies inside the gymnasium.

Emergency personnel went to get the bodies, and the militants began setting off bombs and opening fire on people around the school, ITAR-Tass said. Some 30 women and children broke out of the building, some bloodied and screaming, and commandos then launched the assault.

Interfax said militants fired at children who ran from the building, and unconfirmed reports said some of the hostage-takers, possibly including women bearing suicide belts, may have taken hostages with them.

Source Globe And Mail

More news to come...

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:35 am

I just luv how the Globe and Mail refuses to call these animals what they are: terrorists not militants. Like there trying to make these bastards respectable. Here's hoping that the injured are able to recover.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:47 am

This where you wouldn't want to do something like that to someone like me.
Find their family's and kill them.