CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
 Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:11 pm

Ok lets have some fun here instead of all this hostility we always seem to get on this politics and war forum. I think we should have our own party and to do this we need a leader, so there for we need an election. I would like people put there names in the hat and explain why they should be the leader of "THE CANADA KICKS ASS PARTY OF CANADA". After we get our candidates we can start a pole and have Canadaka Members pick a leader.

I am thinking of a few of you guys right now that I am hoping will be up for a bit of fun and put your names in.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:26 pm

Are Non-Canadians allowed?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:00 pm

I'm not sure sure how this would work? What would they do and so on?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:12 pm

well, i don't think that they would realy do anything in the long run...but it would be fun to try doing it just for the sake of doing it. there could be debates, and the people who want to go for it would have to make a platform etc.

my question is: are we allowed to nominate other people? someone might know someone who would be good to have for this but is unlikely to volunteer, for example...

IMO, only canadian members should be allowed to volunteer or to be nominated, but all the members of the site should be allowed to vote in the "election"

Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:17 pm

Yes I agree.... WE can nominate people to run as leader and yes only Canadian members can be nominated or chose to run. I will have to set a date also as a cut off points for Canditates so lets say May 23rd is the cutoff date then we can set up some debates and so forth. Then we can hold the election.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:17 pm

I'd like to be nominated as the U.S. ambassador to CKA.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:40 pm

So would a person be all on there own, or could they have a 'staff', also it would be good to get the site admin to set up the voiting and to make it more of a site thing not just a forum thing...i guess...like have it on the front page

Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:59 pm

I think we should try to keep it as basic as possible but I will contact the site administrator and get them to make it a site thing and set up the voting.....I think it would be interesting to see what kind of Candidates we can get......and feel free to niminate yourself if you want

Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:59 pm

I think we should try to keep it as basic as possible but I will contact the site administrator and get them to make it a site thing and set up the voting.....I think it would be interesting to see what kind of Candidates we can get......and feel free to niminate yourself if you want

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:39 pm

We could take this to a whole new level. Instead of going to vote right away, start with 3 or 4 platforms. Then those who agreed with that platfrom could be in that 'party'. We could have scheduled debates, and have a few neutral members to moderate and control the debates. Then whenever the real federal election is we could have ours. And we could have a special section in the forum for this, and we would have an opposition party as wellÂ…

But thatÂ’s just a thought...

Last edited by AdamNF on Sun May 16, 2004 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:09 pm

Adam that's an awesome idea....I think that will work

Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:09 pm

Adam that's an awesome idea....I think that will work

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:46 pm

Ok folks once you have your short list of candidates forthe positions let me know and ill set a sort of voting poll to vote for your chopice.. Once we have a leader then we can bvote for minister of defenec, etc, and then ambasadors etc...So ill make this thread a sticky, and you folks get it organised then ok??Also we gonna keep it here or start it in the humour forum?? LOL

Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:57 am

I think we should put it in the humour forum. It's should be interesting I think

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:57 pm

ok, count me in. i will run. but that is all i will say for now b/c i need to think some more on what else to say....