canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:01 pm

MONTREAL PROTEST: Reporters, locals swept up by lockdown enforcement
Arresting reporters? We expect that of some third world country with a totalitarian regime. Canada is supposed to be above this.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:59 pm

Posting a link to Rebel News should get you banned. :evil:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:00 pm

Also, implying that Quebec is now in the USA too. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:18 pm

...and if you don't respect Covid lock-downs you should be arrested, even if you're a reporter. Last I heard, they aren't above the law.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:06 pm

I'll never give my eyeballs to another Ezrafication again. Glad you read it. :)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:16 pm

Opened the link without checking it and closed it as soon as I saw what if was... I feel so dirty now. 8O

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:44 am

You guys are joking, right?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:48 am

Are you?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:04 am

Winnipegger Winnipegger:

No, I'm not. Quebec is still part of Canada.

The number of times Ezra has been caught lying, or been sued for libel and lost, and the number of news organizations he's run into the ground - totally disqualifies him as credible.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:10 am

Are you serious? Is this what we've become? I disagree with much of what he says, but he makes some good points. And frankly, we've become inundated with so much extreme left-wing propaganda that it's refreshing to hear right-wing once in a while.

But the reason I posted this was police misconduct. Police cannot arrest reporters simply for recording. As I said in my initial post, arresting reporters is something we expect of some third world country with a totalitarian regime. Canada is supposed to be above this.

Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms:
Fundamental freedoms
2 Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:
(a) freedom of conscience and religion;
(b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;
(c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and
(d) freedom of association.

The Charter is embedded in the federal Constitution. That means it's our supreme law. Above all else. It cannot be overruled by any Prime Minister or Premier. It cannot be overruled or suspended by any emergency measured act. It cannot be overruled or suspend by any law, either federal or provincial. Freedom of opinion and freedom of expression including freedom of the press and other media are a necessary function of any democracy. These are not "permissions", they are rights.

You don't have to like what Rebel News says. I disagree with some of what they say. But if you don't understand the concept of freedom of speech, then it's even more important to have someone like Ezra.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:18 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Winnipegger Winnipegger:

Please link any example of Ezra claiming Quebec is not part of Canada. Not someone claiming he said it, but video of Ezra himself or a news article on Rebel News website written by Ezra himself.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:18 am

Winnipegger Winnipegger:
Are you serious? Is this what we've become? I disagree with much of what he says, but he makes some good points. And frankly, we've become inundated with so much extreme left-wing propaganda that it's refreshing to hear right-wing once in a while.

He may make some good points, but that doesn't excuse his general lack of integrity. That is the problem both with media organizations, and the public today. Too may try to pass opinion off as fact, too many people accept it.

Winnipegger Winnipegger:
But the reason I posted this was police misconduct. Police cannot arrest reporters simply for recording. As I said in my initial post, arresting reporters is something we expect of some third world country with a totalitarian regime. Canada is supposed to be above this.

They didn't arrest them for reporting, they presumably arrested them for gathering in too large a group contrary to health restrictions. This goes back to Ezra's general lack of integrity.

Winnipegger Winnipegger:
You don't have to like what Rebel News says. I disagree with some of what they say. But if you don't understand the concept of freedom of speech, then it's even more important to have someone like Ezra.

Freedom of speech does not include the right to be heard. He can post whatever he wants on his website. I have no obligation to give him page impressions.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:20 am

Winnipegger Winnipegger:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Winnipegger Winnipegger:

Please link any example of Ezra claiming Quebec is not part of Canada. Not someone claiming he said it, but video of Ezra himself or a news article on Rebel News website written by Ezra himself.

That wasn't directed at Ezre, that was directed at you.

The first three letters of the thread title are _ _ _ ?

canadian-politics-f17/canada-police-misconduct-reports-t124336.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:20 am

Winnipegger Winnipegger:
MONTREAL PROTEST: Reporters, locals swept up by lockdown enforcement
Arresting reporters? We expect that of some third world country with a totalitarian regime. Canada is supposed to be above this.

You should have posted this in the Canada Police Misconduct thread, not the US Police thread.

And Ezra makes me PDT_Armataz_01_32.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:28 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
You should have posted this in the Canada Police Misconduct thread, not the US Police thread.

Ok. Finding threads has become difficult. I could only find this one because it was in the resent topics scroll. Give me a link to the Canadian one and I'll cross-post there.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2378 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 132  133  134  135  136  137  138 ... 159  Next