Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:20 am

:D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:28 am

baylee baylee:

My sentiments exactly, Baylee.

When confronted with the transparently absurd, all one can really do is laugh.

You should try some of the other forums on the net. You know that there are Canadian forums where posters actually make intelligent comments.

I honestly don't know why anyone with half a brain would come to this site.

Glenn Fitzgerald.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:29 am

baylee baylee:
Nick-the-Canadian Nick-the-Canadian:

You disrecpecful son of a bitch,

As I said before. I most certainly am not going to respect some little fat man with big boobies and a stupid little grin who could care less about Canadian soldiers dieing for no reason

He only cares about what bush thinks.

And what dead people are saying to him

Good point, Baylee.

The real disrespect toward our fallen soldiers lies in the attendence at their funerals of the lackey, one Stephen Harper, to that war-monger and resident, "Chicken Hawk," who runs the country just South of us.

Anyway, I've been going through this thread, and I continue to wonder why you post here.

This place seems to draw commentary from posters who wouldn't know a logical argument if they tripped over one, which is why those posters bank on name-calling and insult to draw attention to their childish, outraged, and indignant rebuttals.

If you can't structure real argument, what's left but to hurl expletives and names at those who hold a different point of view?

But anyway, you're welcome to visit Blogs Canada. We may not have the nifty graphics for the comment boxes, but there's sometimes some really intelligent debate that goes on there.

Glenn Fitzgerald.

Last edited by glennfitzgerald on Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:33 am

glennfitzgerald glennfitzgerald:
baylee baylee:

You should try some of the other forums on the net. You know that there are Canadian forums where posters actually make intelligent comments.

I honestly don't know why anyone with half a brain would come to this site. Glenn Fitzgerald.

Well Mr Fitzgerald, do you include yourself in the above comment, being as you are here, or is your pedestal becoming harder to climb upon.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:34 am

baylee baylee:

Glenn Fitzgerald.

Dont keep us in suspense,which one of you has the bigger half?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:36 am

Schizophrania is a serious illness Glen/Baylee. You should get some medical help.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:48 am

Brenda Brenda:
Come on, why make fun of Harper over the backs of those soldiers and their families? Want to do his job?

The counter-argument to that point, so elequently expressed by you, is that it is the presence of Harper at the funerals of our fallen soldiers who (for a good many Canadians) that turns those funerals into a comic farce.

But I see from your moniker that your not Canadian. So you might not fully appreciate that a very large percentage of Canadians see the war in Afghanistan and the Prime Minister who sent them there as tragic farce.

In fact this site seems to draw many non-Canadians who come here to disrespectfully bully and beat up on the Canadian posters who express contemporary and popular Canadian attitudes and values.

Glenn Fitzgerald

P.S: much to my amazement I now see that this guy does seem to be posting under our flag! So maybe he is Canadian.

Last edited by glennfitzgerald on Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:54 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
baylee baylee:

I honestly don't know why anyone with half a brain would come to this site. Glenn Fitzgerald.

Well Mr Fitzgerald, do you include yourself in the above comment, being as you are here, or is your pedestal becoming harder to climb upon.

You make a good point, as far as it goes.

But what you neglect to mention is that Canadians who possess Canadian values and a functioning brain might come here to protect Canada's image from the trashing that the amoral, frequently non-Canadian, and brain challenged posters here give it.

Let me, then, restate my point to Baylee.

The rationale to protect Canada's image is likely the only reason a poster with a functioning brain would come here.

Sound fair?

Glenn Fitzgerald.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:00 am

ziggy ziggy:
baylee baylee:

Glenn Fitzgerald.

I'm just curious. So far all I've heard from your moniker on this thread are insults. So, I get that. You have tendency to insult other posters and that's how you communicate objections to views you disagree with---you attack the people who express those views.

That's just what the Ziggy moniker seems to be about. Fair enough. As the old cliché goes, it takes all kinds to make a world.

But can you post any links to intelligent and well structured arguments you've made on this site?

Glenn Fitzgerald.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:07 am

LightStarr LightStarr:
Schizophrania is a serious illness Glen/Baylee. You should get some medical help.

Look guy, I truly don't mean to be malicious in my remarks regarding your post. But fact is fact.

You know that only an idiot would post on a forum just for the sake of throwing insults around. You know that don't you?

Glenn Fitzgerald.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:10 am

LightStarr LightStarr:

To anyone visiting here from some other nationality, I want you to know that the moniker who posted the above comment doesn't represent the IQ and morality of most Canadians. Most of us are not that stupid that we would post insults to other participants just for the sake of insult.

This poster might use the Canadian flag to caption his posts but should not be used as a yard-stick to judge our country.

We Canadians can be fairly characterized as open minded, civil, and willing to always go the extra length to understand views we might even find very disagreable.

But the "shoot-from-the-hip," readiness to insult demonstrated by Lightstar is not what our society is all about.

Glenn Fitzgerald.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:17 am

LightStarr LightStarr:

To anyone visiting here from some other nationality, I want you to know that the moniker who posted the above comment doesn't represent the IQ and morality of most Canadians. Most of us are not that stupid that we would post insults to other participants just for the sake of insult.

This poster might use the Canadian flag to caption his posts but should not be used as a yard-stick to judge our country.

We Canadians can be fairly characterized as open minded, civil, and willing to always go the extra length to understand views we might even find very disagreable.

But the "shoot-from-the-hip," readiness to insult demonstrated by Lightstar is not what our society is all about.

Glenn Fitzgerald.

And being a troll is Canadian? ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:17 am

ziggy ziggy:
baylee baylee:

Glenn Fitzgerald.

I'm just curious. So far all I've heard from your moniker on this thread are insults. So, I get that. You have tendency to insult other posters and that's how you communicate objections to views you disagree with---you attack the people who express those views.

That's just what the Ziggy moniker seems to be about. Fair enough. As the old cliché goes, it takes all kinds to make a world.

But can you post any links to intelligent and well structured arguments you've made on this site?

Glenn Fitzgerald.

My friend Glenn, Ziggy has posted A LOT of great comments, intelligent and well stuctured arguments (as you seem to want to call it) on this great site. Look, and you will find...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:20 am

LightStarr LightStarr:

God, how embarrassing. Do you think you might post under another flag. You can find all kinds of really nasty, offensive, and extremist people in the Middle East.

Why don't you chose one of their flags? Man, that's just a suggestion.

Glenn Fitzgerald.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:20 am

Brenda Brenda:
ziggy ziggy:
baylee baylee:

Glenn Fitzgerald.

Glenn Fitzgerald.

My friend Glenn, Ziggy has posted A LOT of great comments, intelligent and well stuctured arguments (as you seem to want to call it) on this great site. Look, and you will find...

Where?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 295 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 11  12  13  14  15  16  17 ... 20  Next