Title: Citizenship oath to the Queen constitutional, court rules
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2013-09-20 11:54:22
Canadian

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:54 am

Personally I don't think anyone should have to swear an oath to the queen...or to anyone for that matter.
As a Canadian I have never thought of myself as anything but Canadian and nothing near British, why we have to keep up this bs is beyond me. Even our Navy's ships are HMCS (her majesty's commissioned ship), I think we should abolish this association and become a true independent country instead of just being an offshoot of the queen. She is not my queen, I have a prime minister. Not that I'm a fan of politics or the PM either.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:37 am

It's a meaningless gesture that takes 5 seconds. Maybe it is time to abolish it but that isn't for the newbies to decide through the courts. If it really bothers you stay the fuck out of Canada.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:48 am

CrazyNewfie CrazyNewfie:
Personally I don't think anyone should have to swear an oath to the queen...or to anyone for that matter.
As a Canadian I have never thought of myself as anything but Canadian and nothing near British, why we have to keep up this bs is beyond me. Even our Navy's ships are HMCS (her majesty's commissioned ship), I think we should abolish this association and become a true independent country instead of just being an offshoot of the queen. She is not my queen, I have a prime minister. Not that I'm a fan of politics or the PM either.
We swear an oath to the Queen of Canada not the Queen of England!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:35 am

Rule Britannia, muthafuckas!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:48 pm

Excellent news. If people don't like swearing an oath to the queen, then perhaps they should leave and go reside elsewhere, preferably somewhere where they don't have to be so morally inconvenienced just to live in a free and democratic society.

The nerve of this 'Canada' for wanting me to take an extra few seconds to live in the best country in the world. :roll:

Long live the Queen :rock:

-J.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:12 pm

HMCS is Her Majesty's Canadian Ship NOT Commissioned ship...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:44 pm

"If you don't like it, you can leave"
"Free and democratic society"

Right

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:55 pm

*Shrugs* I'm not surprised.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:32 pm

The Queen of Canada is my queen. I echo the sediment that if you wish not swear allegiance to the Queen, then maybe Canada is not the right place for you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:49 pm

I'm glad there's no bones at all about this whole "Swear Loyalty to The Master or stay out" thing; so few things are so blatant. Well I mean except for that "free and democratic" thing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Well if it ain't for the newbies to decide in court, it won't get FIXED.
Fuck tradition, if the Monarch's more important than Canada, you aren't a patriot by my definition. Just a leftover from yesterday that keeps hanging on because we don't want to deal with it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:04 am

Why do we have to deal with something that's not broke? Constitutional Monarchy has worked fine for Canada for the last 146 years. Whats so wrong with it?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:36 am

llama66 llama66:
Why do we have to deal with something that's not broke? Constitutional Monarchy has worked fine for Canada for the last 146 years. Whats so wrong with it?

damn straight :rock:

Our nation, not the land to all you 'we aren't the real canadians anyhow' folks, but the NATION of Canada as we now know it was founded as a colony of the British Empire, peopled with her sons and daughters, and those of allied nations (foreign Protestants, etc...). It expanded and brought in the allied natives and later the french and their allies and then grew from there taking in folks from all over the globe.

But it was to a nation within the British Empire, now Commonwealth, that they came, living and thriving under the protection of the laws and customs of Britain and now Canada.

The land would be here, and there would be who knows what kind of government and populace had the British never settled the shore... but as it stands, we were founded, nurtured and have flourished under our sovereigns... As a symbol, they are most welcome.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:01 am

maldonsfecht maldonsfecht:

Our nation, not the land to all you 'we aren't the real canadians anyhow' folks, but the NATION of Canada as we now know it was founded as a colony of the British Empire, peopled with her sons and daughters, and those of allied nations (foreign Protestants, etc...). It expanded and brought in the allied natives and later the french and their allies and then grew from there taking in folks from all over the globe.

But it was to a nation within the British Empire, now Commonwealth, that they came, living and thriving under the protection of the laws and customs of Britain and now Canada.

The land would be here, and there would be who knows what kind of government and populace had the British never settled the shore... but as it stands, we were founded, nurtured and have flourished under our sovereigns... As a symbol, they are most welcome.

Well said sir! Very well said indeed! :rock: :rock: :rock:

-J.