Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:54 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
martin14 martin14:
So, Trump's foreign policy just got defined.. Take Cuba back.

Hope the Cubans are ready for that.

Here's a brand new idea: How about leave Cuba alone and let the Cubans run their own country as they see fit?

Nothing's going to change in Cuba as long as another Castro is in power.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:17 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Funny, no mention of Miami celebrations

That would go against the narrative, that Fidel was a hero.

Even Potato says so.

So it must NOT be reported.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:26 am

BRAH BRAH:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
martin14 martin14:
So, Trump's foreign policy just got defined.. Take Cuba back.

Hope the Cubans are ready for that.

Here's a brand new idea: How about leave Cuba alone and let the Cubans run their own country as they see fit?

What are you talking about? There have already been significant market reforms and loosing of Cuba-US travel and trade. Everyone has been waiting for Fidel to die so that people (i.e. Cuban Americans) will be more comfortable with further normalization. Look for Cuba to follow the same path as communist countries such as Vietnam and China in the coming years.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:35 am

martin14 martin14:
Funny, no mention of Miami celebrations

That would go against the narrative, that Fidel was a hero.

Even Potato says so.

So it must NOT be reported.

That's literally the opposite of the truth. A 10-second google would have found you dozens if not hundreds of stories from around the world about Cubans in Miami celebrating. Why do Conservatives have to blatantly lie all the time? Do you know you're spreading lies or are you just so sure of your knee-jerk ideological assumptions that you figure they must be true and don't need checking?

$1:
Crowds flood streets of Miami's Little Havana to cheer Castro's death
By Laura Smith-Spark and Jose Manuel Rodriguez, CNN

Miami (CNN)News of Fidel Castro's death was quick to reach Miami, the center of the Cuban exile community, where an outpouring of emotion brought jubilant crowds onto the streets of Little Havana.....

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/26/us/miami- ... -reaction/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:45 am

rickc rickc:
I have always wanted to visit Cuba, and its still on my bucket list.

What's stopping you?

Last time I went, I met a few Americans there. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:48 am

Ironic.

Attachments:
Irony.png
Irony.png [ 488.94 KiB | Viewed 1189 times ]
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:49 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BRAH BRAH:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

What are you talking about? There have already been significant market reforms and loosing of Cuba-US travel and trade. Everyone has been waiting for Fidel to die so that people (i.e. Cuban Americans) will be more comfortable with further normalization. Look for Cuba to follow the same path as communist countries such as Vietnam and China in the coming years.

Raul Castro is no different than his brother which means nothing will really change.

Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada on the death of former Cuban President Fidel Castro
$1:
Antananarivo, Madagascar
November 26, 2016
The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today issued the following statement on the death of former Cuban President Fidel Castro:

“It is with deep sorrow that I learned today of the death of Cuba’s longest serving President.

“Fidel Castro was a larger than life leader who served his people for almost half a century. A legendary revolutionary and orator, Mr. Castro made significant improvements to the education and healthcare of his island nation.

“While a controversial figure, both Mr. Castro’s supporters and detractors recognized his tremendous dedication and love for the Cuban people who had a deep and lasting affection for “el Comandante”.

“I know my father was very proud to call him a friend and I had the opportunity to meet Fidel when my father passed away. It was also a real honour to meet his three sons and his brother President Raúl Castro during my recent visit to Cuba.

“On behalf of all Canadians, Sophie and I offer our deepest condolences to the family, friends and many, many supporters of Mr. Castro. We join the people of Cuba today in mourning the loss of this remarkable leader.”

http://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2016/11/26/statement-prime-minister-canada-death-former-cuban-president-fidel-castro

Attachments:
WSFP.jpg
WSFP.jpg [ 63.37 KiB | Viewed 1184 times ]

Last edited by BRAH on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:58 am

The normalization of relations with the USA has more chance of bringing change to Cuba than Fidel's death.

What's left after Raúl... more of the same? :?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:00 am

I wonder if Tater Tot will try and sneak a selfie of himself and the corpse at the funeral.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:07 am

I wonder if Tater Tot will try and sneak a selfie of himself and the corpse at the funeral.

Here comes another taxpayer funded Vacay. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:16 am

BRAH BRAH:

Here comes another taxpayer funded Vacay. :roll:

Yup, for him and 284 of his closest friends and government helpers.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:46 am

Reassigning that face palm to our peanut gallery's "basket of predictables"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:48 am

BRAH BRAH:
Raul Castro is no different than his brother which means nothing will change. :

I just finished describing how it already is becoming different and how it already had started to change. But you can keep making empty ideological statements that are based on absolutely zero facts or knowledge that's pretty much the rightie MO (See my earlier post calling out Martin which he conveniently ignores like a little chickenshit).

Last edited by BeaverFever on Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:16 pm

Not to mention, Raul was the more pragmatic of the two Castro brothers where Fidel was the ideologue. It was Raul who helped revamp cuba's agriculture after the Soviet Union went under and Cuba literally lost its sugar daddy.

Change has been happening for a while. Glacial of course but change nonetheless. The real question will be what happens after Raul passes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:29 pm

I wasn't going to say anything about Castro again but after reading our vapid leaders loving and completely inaccurate response to his life and death, I just had to post a different and vastly more accurate statement describing the death of this brutal, murderous, asshole.

$1:
The president-elect offered up a four-word tweet shortly after 8 a.m. Saturday, saying simply: "Fidel Castro is dead!"

Trump followed that up a few hours later with a lengthier statement, in which he called Castro a "brutal dictator who oppressed his own people for nearly six decades" and said he hoped Castro's death gave Cuban Americans "the hope of one day soon seeing a free Cuba."

"Fidel Castro's legacy is one of firing squads, theft, unimaginable suffering, poverty and the denial of fundamental human rights," the statement said.

"While Cuba remains a totalitarian island, it is my hope that today marks a move away from the horrors endured for too long, and toward a future in which the wonderful Cuban people finally live in the freedom they so richly deserve."

Trump added: "Though the tragedies, deaths and pain caused by Fidel Castro cannot be erased, our administration will do all it can to ensure the Cuban people can finally begin their journey toward prosperity and liberty."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... ros-death/

No wonder the American Cuban's are dancing in the street. [cheer]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 12  Next