canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:50 pm

So when does the place get turned back over to Fulgencio Batista's, Meyer Lansky's, and the executives of the United Fruit Company's great-grandkids? Because freedom and free markets and the rule of law are really important, y'know.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:08 pm

Thanos Thanos:
So when does the place get turned back over to Fulgencio Batista's, Meyer Lansky's, and the executives of the United Fruit Company's great-grandkids? Because freedom and free markets and the rule of law are really important, y'know.

Those days are long passed but, if you're happy to see a people enslaved by a brutal communist dictatorship rather than embrace a free market and the type of gov't that allows it, I'm pretty sure all you have to do is keep an eye on Cuba since it will likely regress in the areas of freedom and free enterprise. Especially given the fact that anytime a dictator dies the regime normally cracks down on any and all dissent to ensure they remain in power.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:22 pm

$1:
No PM Useful Idiot You Do Not Get To Kiss Castro's Ass On My Behalf

PM Useful Idiot - "On behalf of all Canadians, Sophie and I offer our deepest condolences to the family, friends and many, many supporters of Mr. Castro. We join the people of Cuba today in mourning the loss of this remarkable leader."

https://www.blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content ... os-ass.jpg

"Here is an online record of the deaths, disappearances and torture carried out under Castro's regime"

http://cubaarchive.org/wordpress/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:35 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
$1:
No PM Useful Idiot You Do Not Get To Kiss Castro's Ass On My Behalf

PM Useful Idiot - "On behalf of all Canadians, Sophie and I offer our deepest condolences to the family, friends and many, many supporters of Mr. Castro. We join the people of Cuba today in mourning the loss of this remarkable leader."

https://www.blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content ... os-ass.jpg

"Here is an online record of the deaths, disappearances and torture carried out under Castro's regime"

http://cubaarchive.org/wordpress/

They were also a willing party to setting up what would have been a winning first strike nuclear capability for the Russians, back in 1962. I could have been fried to a crisp when I as six.

Viva.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:56 pm

Maybe they'll get that kind of government if the Americans graciously allow them to have it this time. The lure of setting up another single-commodity save labour plantation system might be too strong for the great ones on Wall Street and in the DC think tanks to resist though. Mammon uber alles! or whatever other demon of greed it is those cretins worship, and all that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:57 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Thanos Thanos:

Those days are long passed but, if you're happy to see a people enslaved by a brutal communist dictatorship rather than embrace a free market and the type of gov't that allows it, I'm pretty sure all you have to do is keep an eye on Cuba since it will likely regress in the areas of freedom and free enterprise. Especially given the fact that anytime a dictator dies the regime normally cracks down on any and all dissent to ensure they remain in power.

Long passed? Tell that to Guatemala...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:07 pm

No. Tell it to these guys who hightailed it to Miami after Castro took over from Batista.

Some of them are dead, but you can still find their progeny easy enough. Here they are in Miami last night.

But if we should find a Guatemalan to quiz, should we also ask him how anxious he is to immigrate to Venezuela?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Hey, great for them. No one else is obligated to forget though that it was the mafia/corporate kleptocracy the US was running in Cuba since the Spanish American war that caused the the revolution there in the first place. Not gonna play StunnedCanadian's brain-dead little game of blindly worshipping the stars and stripes on this issue. Castro was bad but it was the long-standing American policy of treating practically everyone everywhere like garbage that made him inevitable.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:42 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Castro was bad but it was the long-standing American policy...blah blah blah

Oh well, that settles it. Let's fly down there to kiss Castro's dead ass then. You first. [sarcasm]

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:43 pm

Shit ton of Cuban anarchists bailed too after the revolution and subsequent headhunt for "counter-revolutionaries"; but over the years they've become a much quieter sect of Cuban expats.

America and the free market would not have saved Cuba of human rights violations and oppression; it'd only change what we got to hear about it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:10 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Thanos Thanos:
Castro was bad but it was the long-standing American policy...blah blah blah

Oh well, that settles it. Let's fly down there to kiss Castro's dead ass then. You first. [sarcasm]

The best thing about being a cynic and a nihilist is noticing that most of you are one-note parrots that just aren't capable of understanding a single thing that doesn't come from Party HQ.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:12 pm

I thought the deathworship over Osama was creepy too.

The so-called civilized, just another pack of animals with picket fences and flags made in Asian sweatshops. Bloodcraven and rabid.

There really is no good side.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:26 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:

There are good people. There are even good groups of people, up to a certain size of population. Every organization above a clan level though? Nope. Every single organized body or institution humans have ever created is doomed to failure, and is horrible prone to oppression, to brutality, to domination by the most greedy & cruel, and to atrocity. It's the basic human condition and it will never change.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:39 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Public_Domain Public_Domain:

There are good people. There are even good groups of people, up to a certain size of population. Every organization above a clan level though? Nope. Every single organized body or institution humans have ever created is doomed to failure, and is horrible prone to oppression, to brutality, to domination by the most greedy & cruel, and to atrocity. It's the basic human condition and it will never change.

I would have said human nature... same difference, I guess.

Just as an example on how bad I think it is, out of all the active posters here, there are maybe 2 I'd see in positions of power. 8O

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 12  Next