Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:35 pm

Three Englishmen were in a bar and spotted an Irishman. So, one of the Englishmen walked over to the Irishman, tapped him on the shoulder, and said, "Hey, I hear your St. Patrick was a faggot."

"Oh really, hmm, didn't know that."

Puzzled, the Englishman walked back to his buddies. "I told him St. Patrick was a faggot, and he didn't care." The second Englishman remarked, "You just don't know how to set him off...watch and learn." So, the second Englishman walked over to the Irishman, tapped him on the shoulder and said, "Hey, I hear your St. Patrick was a transvestite faggot!"

"Oh really, hmm, didn't know that."

Shocked beyond belief, the Englishman went back to his buddies. "You're right. He's unshakable!" The third Englishman remarked, "Boys, I'll really tick him off... just watch." So the third Englishman walked over to the Irishman, tapped him on the shoulder and said, "I hear St. Patrick was an Englishman!"

"Yeah, that's what your buddies were trying to tell me."

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Edmonton Oilers

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:31 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:49 pm

Let's not forget that the current Liberal leader was a seperatist when he was young. Seems people can change.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:43 pm

it isnt just gay groups that are upset by his comments.. there are many who were interviewed on TV that wanted to know what other bias the tory government holds... and by Harper doing his usual.. ignoring the issue.. he is saying this kind of shit is acceptable in Canada.... not!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:28 pm

A young woman, in the course of her college life, came to terms
with her homosexuality and decided to come out of the closet.

Her plan was to tell her mother first; so on her next home visit,
she went to the kitchen, where her mother was busying herself
stirring stew with a wooden spoon. Rather nervously, she explained
to her that she had realized she was gay.

Without looking up from her stew, her mother said, "You mean,
lesbian?"

"Well... yes."

Still without looking up: "Does that mean lick women down below?"

Caught off guard, the young woman eventually managed to stammer an
embarrassed affirmative; whereupon her mother turned to her and,
brandishing the wooden spoon threateningly under her nose, snapped:
"Don't you *EVER* complain about my cooking again!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:40 pm

Doesnt matter really to Harper as I think he thinks himself a brilliant stratigist and can handle anything but in my mind Yes he should be side lined as he then awaits his dismissal from Saskatchewan voters(my home province)
If he gets re-elected he and David Ahenaque can slap hands!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:34 am

So by reading the comments here, most of you feel he has not changed in 17 years and deserves no redemption despite his apology?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:31 am

shavluk shavluk:
Doesnt matter really to Harper as I think he thinks himself a brilliant stratigist and can handle anything but in my mind Yes he should be side lined as he then awaits his dismissal from Saskatchewan voters(my home province)
If he gets re-elected he and David Ahenaque can slap hands!

I think you'll be surprised by what people think, the 20 people in Saskatchewan that are pissed off because of a remark that happened 15+ years ago don’t make a hill of beans to the number that are pissed about the myopic views of the gay community. (Love us or we’ll smear your career)

“News flash” everybody doesn’t have to agree with their lifestyle, as much as the liberals would like you to believe. Get some thicker skin. Jeeze.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:33 am

you are missing the big point here ruez... most people,, the press and oher political party reps.. and the general public feel he should be demoted from his office... and are upset that Harper as he does with most issues chooses to ignore this.. I read his apology and seen him on TV ... if he is sincere then he should do something for the gay community in his riding.. or make donation to the gay pride celebration in ottawa or dontate to a aids group or what ever..

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:39 am

kenmore kenmore:
you are missing the big point here ruez... most people,, the press and oher political party reps.. and the general public feel he should be demoted from his office... and are upset that Harper as he does with most issues chooses to ignore this.. I read his apology and seen him on TV ... if he is sincere then he should do something for the gay community in his riding.. or make donation to the gay pride celebration in ottawa or dontate to a aids group or what ever..
I'm not addressing the people that think he should be demoted. Maybe he should, maybe he shouldn't that's not my concern. I'm addressing the people such as yourself who say he (and Harper for that matter) should be thrown out of parliament altogether. You don't think that a person who says such a thing 17 years ago deserves a chance to redeem himself?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:40 am

kenmore kenmore:

I don't think so, WTF.

That’s called extortion.

As much as I agree with your views on muslims I think YOU should make donations to the local mosque or we'll out you for being a bigoted hater and pull your big red liberal card.

see how it works ?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:43 am

hwacker hwacker:
kenmore kenmore:

I don't think so, WTF.

That’s called extortion.

As much as I agree with your views on muslims I think YOU should make donations to the local mosque or we'll out you for being a bigoted hater and pull your big red liberal card.

see how it works ?
Maybe 17 years from now Kenmore will look back at the things he's said here and realize he was such an ass, and most of what he said wasn't acceptable.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:47 am

Careful he'll call you a racist and want you banned.....right Kermie?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:51 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
Maybe 17 years from now Kenmore will look back at the things he's said here and realize he was such an ass, and most of what he said wasn't acceptable.

What Lukiwski said wasn't acceptable then either. Perhaps it wouldn't have elicited such a response, but it still was as unacceptable then as it is now.

Excerpt from "Pump up the Volume," which was on TV this weekend, but made in 1990, before Lukiwski's little comment. Presented as just a small example of what popular culture's attitude towards homosexuality was at the time.

$1:
Chris - Hello

Happy Harry Hardon - Hi it's me you're on the air. Are you willing to tell my listeners what you told me here in this letter? Do you think they're ready to handle it.

Chris - I'm not ashamed.

Happy Harry Hardon - So tell us what happened.

Chris - This guy I knew, he invited me up to the ridge and I wasn't really sure why, but I was really happy because he's pretty cool, he's an athlete and everything.

Happy Harry Hardon - First of all where was this and how old are you.

Chris - It was just before school. I'm sixteen.

Happy Harry Hardon - Go ahead.

Chris - So we get up there, we take our shirts off and we start fooling around and then I sought of told him how much I liked him, he just smiled and said he knew it. But then, he says why don't we take our pants off and get a tan, so I did it, but he stalled.

Happy Harry Hardon - Go ahead.

Chris - Then two of his friends showed up and they were drinking beer and laughing and they took my clothes and threw them up in the trees. I didn't know what to do. I started to cry but they just laughed at me so I stopped and they just started calling me things. I don't even care about that. I know I'm into guys, but this was different.

Happy Harry Hardon - So what did you do?

Chris - Everything, everything they told me.

Chris - I feel bad that I didn't even do anything. I didn't even say anything. Now he won't even talk to me, he won't even look at me. I'm pretty confused!

Happy Harry Hardon - Confused! You're not the one who is confused. You sound like you know exactly what's going on. If anyone's confused it's those guys out there.

Chris - I know, but I think about them a lot. I sometimes wonder why one person is born one way and another person is born another way..... Are you there?

Happy Harry Hardon - Yeah, yes!

Chris - So I guess you think I'm a faggot wimp right?

Happy Harry Hardon - No! I'm just thinking how strong people can be and how everyone is alike in some way, how everyone needs the same things.

Chris - So what are we going to do about all this?

Happy Harry Hardon - I don't know. That's the big question isn't it huh?

Chris - I guess nobody knows huh? Well that's tough, I got to go, see ya.

Happy Harry Hardon - I guess we all got to go now. Good night pal, good night friends.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:34 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:
What Lukiwski said wasn't acceptable then either. Perhaps it wouldn't have elicited such a response, but it still was as unacceptable then as it is now.
I don't think anyone on this forum has ever suggested what he said was acceptable. The point was 17 years have gone by and he deserves a chance to prove that he doesn't hold those views anymore. God forbid that everyone of us should be held held accountable for something 17 years ago to the point we lose our jobs.