canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:21 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=31932" target="_blank">Gay groups call for Saskatchewan MP's resignation</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/23-provincial-politics" target="_blank">Provincial Politics</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=WDHIII" target="_blank">WDHIII</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2008-04-04 07:52:06
<strong>Canadian</strong>

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:21 pm

people who havethese bias have them... sorry doesnt cut it...he should resign

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:41 am

why because he did something almost 20 years ago?

forget it,

Tell the gays to go get married or something.

Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:28 am

I have held views in my past that I no longer hold, its part of maturing and gaining life experience. Airing a 16 year old tape is pretty damn sad politics and proof the party that did it is as small minded and ignorant today as Brad Wall and Tom Lukiwski were when they made those comments many years ago.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:45 pm

hwacker hwacker:
why because he did something almost 20 years ago?

forget it,

Tell the gays to go get married or something.

your immaturity is showing... and is proof of your bigotry...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:47 pm

the difference between you (hwacker) and the member of parliament is that you do not represent the peopleo of Canada.. a member of parliament should not express such bigot remarks at any time.. and had this come to light before he was elected he wouldnt be there... he should resign... end of story

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:08 pm

Kenmore you have a small point but in the early 90's it was very fashionable to be anti-gay, I am not saying he should resign but I am not saying he should say sorry either. The world has changed a lot in the way of tolerance since then.

Me thinks the only reason you are on his case is because he is a Conservative....try to forgive a little for others as you do for the Liberals!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:51 pm

Tell the gays to vote for someone that hasn't said that kind of stuff at a drunken party. They'll find themselves not voting.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:31 am

The gays are not the deciding factor on who represents someone in parliament. The electorate should decide.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:18 am

kenmore kenmore:
the difference between you (hwacker) and the member of parliament is that you do not represent the peopleo of Canada.. a member of parliament should not express such bigot remarks at any time.. and had this come to light before he was elected he wouldnt be there... he should resign... end of story

Dumb ass....he wasn't an elected member at the time he made the comments. These comments were made in 1991 and he didn't run for office until 1996, but then you come Quebec, a bastion of tolerance. :roll:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:04 am

stokes stokes:
Kenmore you have a small point but in the early 90's it was very fashionable to be anti-gay,

The politician who made the comments doesn't even think that's a good excuse, don't go making it for him.

$1:
I am not saying he should resign but I am not saying he should say sorry either. The world has changed a lot in the way of tolerance since then.

Whether the world has changed or not means nothing. The only reason he shouldn't resign is because the tapes are sixteen years old and no one would ever have heard of or known about those comments if members of the Saskatchewan NDP had never made a big deal out of it.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:06 am

Aging_Redneck Aging_Redneck:
Tell the gays to vote for someone that hasn't said that kind of stuff at a drunken party. They'll find themselves not voting.

I don't know what kind of drunken parties you have, but people don't talk like that at any of the drunken parties I've ever been too. Speak for yourself.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:05 am

romanP romanP:

I don't know what kind of drunken parties you have, but people don't talk like that at any of the drunken parties I've ever been too. Speak for yourself.

Then you have never been to a drunken party.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:45 am

romanP romanP:

If you are partying with a bunch of hometown friends, and its time to cut loose a little, them I'm suprised that you've never heard it.

But if you are at a drunken party with coworkers and colleagues, then I agree that this is probably something you will never hear.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:49 am

kenmore kenmore:
people who havethese bias have them... sorry doesnt cut it...he should resign

I don't think having a bias against a small minority of the population means a dam thing. Sorry, I don't support the 'gay' lifestyle, I don't want it promoted and I don't think they should have kids. That doesn't mean I will discriminate or promote violence anti gay positions, it is just how I feel.

You can not tell someone 'how to feel or think' just because he has those positions doesn't mean he should resign.