Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:32 pm

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
Bart's the only one that's threatened violence against anyone (as usual). Who knew there'd be people here who'd not only promote theocracy over a secular state, but claim they should be enforced with physical force.

Idiot.

Where did I threaten violence? Where?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:36 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Where did I threaten violence? Where?
Your implications that Christians would forcefully defend whatever rights you imagine are being violated by promoting secular government.

Nobody mentioned any violence or anything of the sort until you showed up and turned the thread into a clusterfuck with your nonsense. It was actually half civilized at times.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:38 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Mustang1 Mustang1:

It would seem that he hardly suggested the Nuremberg Laws or Auschwitz, that's for sure. I'm not here to put words into his posts, but I'm assuming it meant conformity to standard, enlightened, accepted, secularized society.

So naturally, these same rules and expectations are to be applied to muslims, Sikhs, Hindus, Ba'hai, Catholics, and etc.?

Are they all to be held to this standard or is that just going to be applied to Christians?

Wait a second, a Catholic is NOT a Christian? Making up stuff as you go? :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:42 pm

Mustang1 Mustang1:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Mustang1 Mustang1:

It would seem that he hardly suggested the Nuremberg Laws or Auschwitz, that's for sure. I'm not here to put words into his posts, but I'm assuming it meant conformity to standard, enlightened, accepted, secularized society.

So naturally, these same rules and expectations are to be applied to muslims, Sikhs, Hindus, Ba'hai, Catholics, and etc.?

Are they all to be held to this standard or is that just going to be applied to Christians?

Wait a second, a Catholic is NOT a Christian? Making up stuff as you go? :lol:

Hate to tell you, but I am actually being respectful of Catholics with that. A fair number of Catholics get offended when they are called 'Christian' as they associate the term 'Christian' with Protestantism.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:43 pm

Sigh as much as I like to see it I think we have beat up on BS enough, unless he has something poignant to add we should probably turn back to the real discussion at hand. Im sorry for getting pissed off and letting this thread careen out of control. Really it was the fact that my family is half German, and I was being compared to Hitler that pushed me into the deep end. I can be over sensitive about the subject. :oops:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:47 pm

My wife is German and I did not compare you to Hitler.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:47 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Hate to tell you, but I am actually being respectful of Catholics with that. A fair number of Catholics get offended when they are called 'Christian' as they associate the term 'Christian' with Protestantism.

Well...they're Christian and the fact they erroneously associate it only with "Protestantism" says more about their issues than anything.

Catholics, Lutherans and Anglicans are sects of Christianity - pretty standard theological classifications, and no, i don't work off intellectual relativism or personal lexicons. Maybe next time work off properly accepted definitions.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:16 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I'm Catholic! I'm not offended! You must live in another country from me!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:48 am

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
The sister of my girlfriend back in highschool got knocked up by a hockey player living at their house for the season - he promptly went back to Thunder Bay or wherever the hell he was from to his parents because his family was "religious" and they couldn't have their underaged son with an illegitimate child. Not sure what "God" will have to say about that one, but that's irrelevant to the fact that she's stuck raising a child while trying to graduate from high school.

Well, one thing the
tritium tritium:
Secularist Liberals :roll:

have done is that now the sister would go to court and demand support from the father. That is progress! Like I told my boys, --ya got several choices: 1- use protection- its your responsibility to not be a father until you and your mate are ready, 2-get a job and pay to support your child or 3- keep it in your pants!