Their a lot warmer then the tents I used to stay in. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:20 am

ziggy ziggy:
Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
My friend was on a flight from Los Angeles to Calgary with a connection in Chicago or something I think. Anyway, he was sitting next to this girl who looked to be in her late teens and when they were approaching calgary, you could see it's skyline. Apparently, this girl gasped and was like: "Ohmigosh!" my buddy asked her what was wrong, and she said: "Calgary is a city! I thought all Canadian cities were in Ontario!"

Yeah. Calgary is just a field with cows that happens to have an International Airport. :roll: :lol:

Chicago? Now that would be the long way home.

Yeah, that's what I figured as well, but maybe it was cheaper to fly that way or something... I dunno since I rarely fly. :P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:33 am

That would tack about a day on to a 2 hour flight.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:37 am

ziggy ziggy:

I think someone else around here doesn't now where Calgary is :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:53 am

mtbr mtbr:
ziggy ziggy:

Or L.A. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:54 am

ziggy ziggy:
mtbr mtbr:
ziggy ziggy:

Lethbridge ,Alberta? :lol:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:10 pm

mtbr mtbr:
ziggy ziggy:
mtbr mtbr:

Lethbridge ,Alberta? :lol:

No one knows where Lethbridge is. Heck, I live here and I don't even know where it is. We're that obscure. :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:12 pm

I've never met an American who hated canada in my life.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:14 pm

I think the OP had mistaken Toronto for Canada :P

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:23 pm

CaptainCanadian CaptainCanadian:
Not all Americans hate Canada. In fact, numerous Americans I know think very highly of the Great North, and believe we're more free than they are.
Some conservative Americans hate Canada's politics, because as you know, we are under a liberal government right now. They'll take shots at anything. Be it the cold weather, the way we say "eh", or the fact that Celine Dion is from Quebec.
There's no reason to let it get to you. Look at it like that show "Kids Say The Darndest Things". You don't get mad at them when they don't know what the capital of Canada is, do you? You might say "Well, Americans should know better than five year olds!" See, this is where you're wrong about the people of the USA. As friendly as some of them may be, they have little or no exposure to Canadians, other than what they see in their own country from Canada. They get our maple syrup, our bacon, our hockey players, and our comedians. Thus, that is what they think Canada is all about. Don't take it personally! Just smile and laugh..and if you want a really good time, play along with their ridiculous comments. Claim we have no running water, or electricity. State we live in polar bear infested frozen wastelands. You'll be surprised as to how much fun it is.

Cheers.

I'd rather be respected for what I am, than what others think I am. That being said, I would rather Americans respect Canada for the trueth about what Canada is instead of the stereo-type bullshit they are taught it is.

As a gamer, I gamed with a American majority and took a lot of jokes and flack for being Canadian. At the time I widely ignored it and played along but it gets really tiering after a couple of years.

Americans wouldn't want Canadians thinking they were all warmongering idiots who are all sheep of there government and all dieing from crap health care?

It would be seen as a insult to most, as would calling Canada a stereo-type lie to Canadians would be. Point being? Not all Canadians prefer to take the stereo-type jokes all the time and would just prefer some respect that Canada has deserved for a long time.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:35 pm

Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
As a gamer, I gamed with a American majority and took a lot of jokes and flack for being Canadian. At the time I widely ignored it and played along but it gets really tiering after a couple of years.

I'm a gamer myself and play with many Americans and Canadians alike and i'm not sure how you would get any 'flak' from being Canadian. Anything that gets flung your way, gets flung back at them, 5 times worse because THEY are American. Be proud of that. The only insults Americans fling at you are the age old stereo-types which (isn't insulting but rather stupid on their part) and shouldn't matter anyways because you know they aren't true but they don't know anything about Canada so thats all they rely on. Americans think we have the inferiority complex, well, we have the superiority complex. Evens out wouldn't you say? :wink:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:44 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:

I'm a gamer myself and play with many Americans and Canadians alike and i'm not sure how you would get any 'flak' from being Canadian. Anything that gets flung your way, gets flung back at them, 5 times worse because THEY are American. Be proud of that. The only insults Americans fling at you are the age old stereo-types which (isn't insulting but rather stupid on their part) and shouldn't matter anyways because you know they aren't true but they don't know anything about Canada so thats all they rely on. Americans think we have the inferiority complex, well, we have the superiority complex. Evens out wouldn't you say? :wink:

You never got any of those stupid remarks for being a Canadian when playing? I get stuff like "You don't got a opinion, you are a Canadian". "Fucking Pussy Canadian, you all are pussies", "Canada sucks, just like you". Etc. Really immature and stupid comments. Get those quite frequently, try advertising you being a Canadian like put something obviously Canadian in your name like TmanCanuck. Garantee you will get the same thing.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:51 pm

If I did have a name like that I wouldn't be ashamed or afraid. People do that online anyways and shouldn't judge people with online stupidity as you are probably dealing with stoned or drunk 14 year olds. In fact, people who say stuff like that usually get banned from the game, what exactly do you play?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:48 pm

You've been meeting the wrong American, true there are some Americans who are a bunch of thick headed morons (including George Bush), but most of us are much more open minded.

Personally I think you've got a better form of government that we do and certainly more responsible to the needs of you people.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:06 pm

ziggy ziggy:

Really? :? That's messed up. I remember as a kid I flew from Vancouver to Ottawa and the flight only took a few hours. :?

Anyway, like I said, I don't remember where he said the conenction was, all I know was that it was somewhere in America and it started with a "C".

And as for Americans hating Canada, I've rarely seen it. Most Americans I know are ignorant of Canada, but that doesn't come close to being hateful of Canada. :?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  9 ... 13  Next