CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Jonny_C - Posts
Search these results:

Forum: Football - CFL   Topic: CFL - 2012 Season - 100 years of sporting history

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:49 am 

Replies: 98
Views: 3444

I'm an NFL fan, but the enthusiasm here may just get me into watching a few CFL games again! Over the years I've seen the Eskimos, the Stampeders and the Argonauts play in their home stadiums. There's nothing you can't like about a live CFL game. Just as an aside, my son, who teaches high school and...

Forum: Sports   Topic: NFL vs CFL Which would you choose?

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:31 am 

Replies: 26
Views: 763

Although I haven't watched the CFL for many years, I wouldn't disparage it. Different strokes for different folks. But personally I like the NFL a lot more. I prefer 4 downs over 3 downs, because there's a lot less kicking. IMO the quality of the play is a lot more strategic. It does take a lot to &...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: 'No-zero' principal leaves Edmonton high school

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:52 am 

Replies: 3
Views: 90

I guess it just goes to show that the board is unrepentant about its ridiculous policy.

Forum: Canada/US Relations   Topic: Canada needs a CCW and Stand Your Ground law

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:49 am 

Replies: 480
Views: 15582

2Cdo 2Cdo:
My situation is fine now. It wasn't so fine a number of times overseas, you know, with other people trying to kill you.

OK, now I understand. Props to you, sir!

Forum: Canada/US Relations   Topic: Canada needs a CCW and Stand Your Ground law

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:16 am 

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Speak for yourself. 8)

I guess in your situation you feel some risk? Fair enough. I don't know what your situation is.

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:14 am 

sandorski sandorski:
It was just a joke guys.

Noted. :)

Sometimes it's hard to tell (certainly not just in this case).

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:09 am 

Having shot against some active duty LEOs in IPSC matches back in the days, all I can say is they, for the most part, weren't too shit hot on the courses, but I definitely wouldn't want to go head to head against them in a serious social situation. They can call in for backup...... :wink: Our local...

Forum: Rants & Raves   Topic: Rename Victoria - another idiotic idea from an NDP Wannabe

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:08 pm 

Replies: 20
Views: 309

No, I was commenting on Facebook - a place where all kinds of crap gets repeated.

The original is too obviously stupid to comment on.

Forum: Rants & Raves   Topic: Rename Victoria - another idiotic idea from an NDP Wannabe

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:00 pm 

Replies: 20
Views: 309

Gunnair Gunnair:
Picked this up off of Facebook.

Goes to show you what Facebook is worth.

(Hint : About the same as Twitter)

Forum: Canada/US Relations   Topic: Obama: Everyone wants to be us

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:20 pm 

Replies: 127
Views: 2330

The ouster of Obama will be by a somewhat slim margin because of the gradual "stupidification" of the American electorate that refuse to see the manipulation of truth by our main-stream media and a gross ignorance of how our federal government is supposed to work. I think a lot of the bla...

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:03 pm 

X Correct but in the wrong direction most people that daily carry a firearm are much better trained and far more experinced than the police are with their service weapons. There are extremely few people who "daily carry a firearm", but there are hunters and target shooters (particularly i...

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:43 pm 

In some parts, Police training goes like this: Dude1: Son, come down to the Station and I'll get ya to work. Dude2: Ok cousin, I'll get there. Dude1: See ya there Brother. Dude2: Sure thing Uncle. Maybe in Canada but in the USA every state has a Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certifica...

Forum: US Politics   Topic: The Debate

Post subject: Re: The Debate
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:07 pm 

Replies: 75
Views: 855

Thanos Thanos:
If "The Internet" were a perfume it'd exhibit the exotic fragrance that can only result from a sublime mixing of the fragrances of lavender, rose petals, and dogshit. 8)

Add a soupc,on of gun oil and burnt powder.

Forum: Introductions   Topic: NOOBs read this before posting

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:14 am 

Replies: 32
Views: 428

It's almost... gulp... evangelical.

Just kidding. You guys can take a joke, I assume? :D

Forum: Introductions   Topic: NOOBs read this before posting

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:57 am 

Replies: 32
Views: 428

What's a 2020 bump? Something I should know about?
Sort by:  

Page 121 of 125 [ Search found 1862 matches ]

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.