Replies: 21
Views: 277

That was fun.

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Hogs Eat Farmer

Post subject: Re: Hogs Eat Farmer
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:04 pm 

Replies: 16
Views: 254

I hope the poor guy was dead before the hogs started on him.

This ain't funny.

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Canada to flex Asia-Pacific military muscle

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:06 pm 

Replies: 15
Views: 270

Much as the Canadian-made Beaver is one of the best bush planes ever built, we've got quite a bit more than that.

Being new to this forum I can't tell if your post is just humour, or whether there's a sarcastic edge to it.

I'll assume humour. :)

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:35 pm 

I'll have a look at those links, thanks. I recall the RCN vessels which are under construction, or about to be, called "slush-breakers", but I guess anything helps. I know we have Arctic air patrol capability, but like "boots on the ground" in a war situation, sometimes there's n...

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:59 am 

Nah, it's a piece of junk and can only break thin, summer ice... In Canada, that's a light icebreaker and we have half a dozen or so. Our medium and heavy icebreakers (the St. Laurent and its forthcoming replacement, the Diefenbaker) can do much better than that. Ah, OK thanks, I was going just by ...

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:29 am 

Maybe you can borrow China's icebreaker. At least with the paint job it could pass for being Canadian. Yes, that would work! :D Back in the 80's it looked like we would build our first large state-of-the-art icebreaker (the "Polar One" project) but it was killed off, by budget considerati...

Forum: Canada/US Relations   Topic: Crossing over the border

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:05 pm 

Replies: 19
Views: 769

My question is: Do duty free products include servers/computer hardware? And also, will I still have to pay GST/PST depending on my province? Your exemption is limited for tobacco and alcohol, but for the rest, it doesn't matter whether something was made in the USA or not. You are allowed up to yo...

Forum: Canada/US Relations   Topic: Obama: Everyone wants to be us

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:57 pm 

Replies: 127
Views: 2330

"... the fact is there is not another country on earth that would not gladly trade places with the United States of America.” That's old thinking and old rhetoric, fuelled by heavy immigration (at one time) from the countries of "Old Europe". Saying such a thing nowadays, based on imm...

Forum: Canada/US Relations   Topic: Question for our American members

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:18 pm 

Replies: 97
Views: 4661

I've just joined this forum and found this thread to be very interesting. I've been a member for years at an American forum called the "Quarter Moon Saloon". That forum - and its previous iterations - have always had a significant international component, but the American content is predom...

Forum: General Jibber Jabber   Topic: Railroad Art

Post subject: Re: Railroad Art
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:33 pm 

Replies: 5
Views: 139

We've come a long way from when I was a kid and graffiti was of the "Bob loves Marlene" stuff painted on highway rock cuts. :D

Unfortunately there's plenty of ugly graffiti. The worst I saw was in Rome. There's a LOT of it there, and it's mostly of the spray-bomb scribble variety.

Forum: General Jibber Jabber   Topic: New iPhone 5 64gb for sale in Canada

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:57 pm 

Replies: 2
Views: 89

For those who absolutely positively have to be suckered into the latest thing.

Forum: General Jibber Jabber   Topic: Railroad Art

Post subject: Re: Railroad Art
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:54 pm 

Replies: 5
Views: 139

Very cool. If I had ever seen some art work like this I'd have pictures to post, but the stuff I've seen has always been stylistic lettering of one sort or another. Sometimes that's interesting, but it's not in the same league as this example of railway art.

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:43 pm 

Rather than muse about flexing muscle in the Pacific we need to flex some muscle in the Arctic. In order to do that we need good icebreakers. We've needed them for a long time now and we still don't have them.

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Vigilantes burn Roma camp in Marseille, France

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:23 pm 

Replies: 9
Views: 284

Unfortunately, the reputation that Roma (Gypsies) have is not undeserved.

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Omar Khadr returns to Canada

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:55 pm 

Replies: 104
Views: 1894

Probably the best hope is that CSIS catches him plotting something and we can jail him again. But even there, they will likely lose interest after a while, and he'll be smart enough to wait until they do. You could be right, but I rather think that CSIS will always have an active file on him. I sur...
Sort by:  

Page 124 of 125 [ Search found 1862 matches ]

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.