bottom

Canadian Forums

Jonny_C - Posts
Search these results:

Forum: Introductions   Topic: NOOBs read this before posting

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:41 am 

Replies: 32
Views: 428

I don't know if you need a written rule.

Some of the guys here do a pretty good job of whacking the shit out of anybody who makes the mistake. There's a ready-made, enthusiastic police force. :mrgreen:

Forum: Science & Technology   Topic: A bear by another name

Post subject: Re: A bear by another name
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:03 pm 

Replies: 6
Views: 156

I'm glad you didn't say there's been another thread on it.

I only looked back through one page of titles. :mrgreen:

My vote is still for nanulak. It's got a good etymology and seems appropriate to the locale.

Forum: Science & Technology   Topic: A bear by another name

Post subject: A bear by another name
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:41 pm 

Replies: 6
Views: 156

Evidence of inter-breeding between polar bears and grizzlies... http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/polar-bears-and-grizzlies-producing-hybrid-offspring-as-arctic-melts-a-859218.html The German magazine seems to like the name "pizzlies" for them, which is just plain stupid. I'd vote ...

Forum: General Jibber Jabber   Topic: Over-use of the "quote" feature in posts

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:53 pm 

Replies: 33
Views: 362

Brenda Brenda:
Do I make ANY sense, because I think I just confuzzled myself :lol:

Thanks, you've elucidated my fuzzification. :)

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Two men banned from all-you-can-eat buffet for being �pigs'

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:31 pm 

Views: 548

he bought a 40 oz of Everclear at the duty free and, in a extremely long line-up in a place with only one clerk at the till, paid for it with all the US dimes, nickels, and pennies he'd been saving up for the previous five years. Well at least not as many coins as he would have had to pay here. Whe...

Forum: Canada/US Relations   Topic: Canada needs a CCW and Stand Your Ground law

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:27 pm 

Replies: 480
Views: 15582

Just to add to what I wrote in the previous post: I frequent another discussion forum - the "Quarter Moon Saloon", a predominantly American forum - and many of the American members there staunchly maintain that they need their CCW rights and that they don't feel safe without a gun. It alwa...

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:13 pm 

Hmm, of all the pet peeves forums have inspired, I've never seen quoting as one of them. Not quoting, but excessive and repetitive quoting. I do, on occasion, shorten quotes, but that tends to be an inflammatory emphasis on one piece that would probably fuck over a person if he were a politician. W...

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:12 pm 

Damn, the dreaded double post, sorry.

Don't know how that happened and I don't see a "delete" option.

Forum: US Politics   Topic: The Debate

Post subject: Re: The Debate
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:32 pm 

Replies: 75
Views: 855

martin14 martin14:
Romney mentioned something to the effect of looking at every Federal expenditure,
and judging it by looking at it

Hmm... sounds like a platitude, unless and until one hears specifics, which will probably not be forthcoming.

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:59 pm 

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Done

There ya go.

There's hope... I think. PDT_Armataz_01_37

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:49 pm 

I didn't have the patience to watch more than just portions of the debate. Was there any mention (in specific terms) of reducing the size of the government and the size of bureaucracy in general? That's where HUGE savings in expenditures could be achieved. But in the American system (and not just in...

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:35 pm 

Hey now, some of us are older with failing memories so :P to you :wink: Like, failing so badly that it's gone in a few seconds once it scrolls off the top of the screen? :mrgreen: I kind of thought this would fit in with the idea of not wanting old ("necro") threads revived because they'r...

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:16 am 

What strings are you suggesting?

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:06 am 

Here's an observation probably not guaranteed to win me many friends, but anyway... I've noticed here that there are numerous members who will "quote" a full screen or two of content from a previous post in order to write a single sentence response. Then others will jump in quoting the sam...

Forum: Canada/US Relations   Topic: Canada needs a CCW and Stand Your Ground law

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:51 am 

Replies: 480
Views: 15582

One more reason to keep my tourist dollars north of 49 Well to each his own of course, but I've travelled pretty extensively in the USA and I have never felt threatened, let alone run into a dangerous situation. I think you just have to be sensible about where you go and when. I would say the same ...
Sort by:  

Page 122 of 125 [ Search found 1862 matches ]

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.