Canadian Forums

Jonny_C - Posts
Search these results:

Forum: US Politics   Topic: The Debate

Post subject: Re: The Debate
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:32 am 

Replies: 75
Views: 855

I thought this comment, by a veteran observer, was worth noting: If this debate—as one-sided as any I have ever seen—does not change the landscape, if Obama retains a small but measurable lead, it means that the election is more or less over (barring some overwhelmingly consequential event), that vo...

Forum: Introductions   Topic: kal el

Post subject: Re: kal el
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:16 am 

Replies: 4
Views: 128

Hi there.

What did you do in Canada and where are you now?

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Two men banned from all-you-can-eat buffet for being �pigs'

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:00 pm 

Replies: 33
Views: 548

I don't believe that claim about all you can eat coming out of the USA in the 30's either. Also from the article : Moreover, from an economic perspective, all-you-can-eat doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. As Forbes magazine explained , it forces restaurants to set their price above what average cus...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Justin Trudeau to run for Liberal leadership

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:48 pm 

Replies: 99
Views: 1576

Gunnair Gunnair:
I guess we need more rich 75 year olds trying connect with today's youth?

Don't know about that. I ain't rich and I ain't 75. 8O

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Justin Trudeau to run for Liberal leadership

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 pm 

Replies: 99
Views: 1576

Justin Trudeau... too young, too inexperienced, and too much fluff (not just the hair).

Of course at my age I guess I'm not the average voter any more.

Forum: International Politics   Topic: Jews...boogeymen of the Arab Spring

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:00 pm 

Replies: 17
Views: 279

Thanos Thanos:
More later, maybe.

Looking forward to it. What you've written so far shows a lot of thought.

I think your point #3 nails it.

Forum: Canada/US Relations   Topic: Americans have little knowledge of Canada: poll

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:27 pm 

Replies: 38
Views: 995

It is just an aversion on this board. On other boards it sometimes results in a ban. For instance, I used to play 'Cybernations' and I got banned from both the forum and the game for posting in a topic that had been inactive for just 30 days. That's a VERY extreme example, but my point is that it i...

Forum: International Politics   Topic: Jews...boogeymen of the Arab Spring

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:13 pm 

Replies: 17
Views: 279

They want scapegoats for all their troubles. The most convenient scapegoats are the USA, Jews, and to a lesser extent other countries of the Western world. Unfortunately the thing that makes it so difficult for them to change their attitudes is their religion, which permeates their societies much mo...

Forum: Canada/US Relations   Topic: Americans have little knowledge of Canada: poll

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:43 pm 

Replies: 38
Views: 995

Mexico has an enormous amount of charm, beauty, honor and potential. Clearly, neither of you know much about the place to simply focus on sensationalized news accounts of their problems. Of course crime and corruption exist in Mexico - where doesn't it ? Mexico, for countless generations, has been ...

Forum: Introductions   Topic: Hello from Maryland

Post subject: Re: Hello from Maryland
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:59 pm 

Replies: 33
Views: 464

Hey, Toast, glad to see you over here. Looks like a good spot.

Forum: Current Events   Topic: China's first aircraft carrier enters service

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:39 pm 

Replies: 65
Views: 1093

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I can see China risking a war for a myriad of reasons...

I can't quarrel with that list. It's quite plausible.

It comes down to what we would call that irrational moment when the Chinese would throw the dice. Much easier for them than for a democracy.

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:40 pm 

The China/Japan tension at the moment over those islands is disquieting, but I just can't see China risking a war with Japan. I'm assuming the Chinese wouldn't want to put their economic growth in jeopardy for a few chunks of rock. A war with Japan would automatically put the Western nations in Japa...

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:54 am 

Someone posted a story on this site years back where China had proposed that they want to have enclaves in North America and Vancouver was on that list. I'm sure they would still like to annex the place. It'd give them access to better beer. I think that's about on a par with American "wargame...

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:51 am 

It's too late for Japan. Apart form being vastly outnumbered, they have no nuclear deterrant. I don't think they need it. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bd/Major_US_military_bases_in_Japan.svg/621px-Major_US_military_bases_in_Japan.svg.png I think the question we should be as...

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:12 am 

All jokes about sinking the thing (or it sinking itself) aside, it's a significant development. It's not intended to go up against the US Navy; it's intended to project Chinese power in the South China Sea. I wouldn't bet against the Chinese learning how to operate an aircraft carrier. The Chinese a...
Sort by:  

Page 123 of 125 [ Search found 1862 matches ]

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.