CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:46 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Gunnair Gunnair:
Fair enough, and I'll take it under advisement.

But if I chuck shit at him for being an idiot, then all the idiots on the forum will complain. :roll:

BS.

Who here stands up for me because of my "Innocent Age" or some shit? Point me to where anyone freaks out on you (other then me, or Tricks) for ragging on me for my age.

Fuck, most people here don't even acknowledge my age anymore. It's not an issue. You seem to want to make it an issue though.

Hey, I'm laying off on spanking you for your amazing immaturity... instead, I'll concentrate on your idiocy which offers a greater abundance of opportunities anyway.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:47 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Gunnair Gunnair:
Fair enough, and I'll take it under advisement.

But if I chuck shit at him for being an idiot, then all the idiots on the forum will complain. :roll:

Hell I chuck shit at him for being an idiot all the time, but that's because he is one. Just don't blame it on age. There are plenty for 40 year old idiots out there. I work with some! ;)

:lol: Seen and noted.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:48 pm

We ought to do something, the EU is kicking our ass.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:09 pm

commanderkai commanderkai:
You know what, I might take heat for this...but I'm sure in a hundred or two hundred years, Canada and the United States would possibly merge freely...either for economic or security reasons or both. Like it or not, Canada and the United States rely on each other, and even if this does change a bit, in the end it just makes sense. Its easier going next door to trade a few hockey cards then going downtown to a specialty store with a guy who speaks Chinese as the clerk.

Militarily too, Canada and the US rely on each other. Canada is basically protected by the American security umbrella, and Canada assists the United States by being friends. Its easier when your neighbor invites you for a BBQ instead of slashing your tires, no?

It won't happen soon, I'll agree on that. The mentalities of both Americans and Canadians aren't exactly the same. Canadians have an oversensitivity to the United States, while Americans in general just see Canada as it is, a nice neighbor who they have no idea what's going on inside his house. Hell, I think Americans recognize stereotypical Canadian symbols better than Canadians do, and when they do, it isn't in any way mocking (USUALLY).

Both Canadians and Americans truly need to understand each other. They need to learn to truly realize that we really aren't that different. Honestly, visiting large swaths of both nations, the borders don't matter. The American Southeast is no where near alike Canada...but states like Maine are quite similar to our Maritime provinces. Texas and Alberta are carbon copies economically, both coming from a history of cattle and oil. The American Great Plains states and Saskatchewan and MAYBE Manitoba aren't that dissimilar. Vancouver could be placed in Washington state and it wouldn't look out of place. Ontario and the American Rust belt (Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Penn., and others, maybe New York and New Jersey) are quite similar too. Hell look at Windsor, they literally were built at the same time. Houses built in the 50s can be seen on both sides

So will we be united one day? Possibly. I see it happening. Will it be anytime soon? No.

Yes people don't invade Canada because we are right beside the United States, oh my gosh it makes perfect sense now. When was the last time any western country ever got invaded? Are they all protected by the U.S. Defense Shield too? If you ask me, I think you give America too much credit. Like they defend the world or something. Like Canada's ability to make friends rather then enemies diddn't play any effects as to why people don't invade Canada or the fact we are in NATO which consists of far more countries then just the U.S.

"Canada and the US rely on each other. Canada is basically protected by the American security umbrella, and Canada assists the United States by being friends."

I guess all the natural resources Canada sends to the U.S. doesn't make them require us? They souly require us for our friendship, if the U.S. ever feels loney we can cuddle with each other and talk all night. In exchange for the U.S. to souly be a country right beside us, that some how in some strange way means nobody invades us because of that.

Canada is U.S's best trading partner, and U.S. is Canada's. We keep each others economy strong, also remember those really nasty natural disasters. Who was it exactly that send in troops to help clean it up and assist? Canada. Those companies that send in workers to help re-build homes in one of those American Towns, and help fund the project was a what company? Right, a Canadian Company and workers. In gratitude, the town renamed themselves to something Canadian related. Replacing there own towns name.

When America got attacked on 9/11, who was it that send troops in the U.S. led war? Canada. Who was it that took on the hardest job in Afghanistan despite our lack of numbers, equipment and military power? Canada. We took the job of fighting in Afghanistan's most violent region. While other countries diddn't get involved, or stayed in the side lines aka green zones. Canada committed fully to the war, increasing troop sizes. Buying new helicopters and tanks and modernizing its military spending billions on it because we sent troops into Afghanistan because America got attacked and our troops deserve a modern military.

What was the latest thing the U.S. has done for Canada beside be our trading partner, and graciously offered us to get rid of our identity, soviernty in order to merge with the all powerful United States. Name 3 of them? Perhaps even one?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:20 pm

Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
Yes people don't invade Canada because we are right beside the United States, oh my gosh it makes perfect sense now. When was the last time any western country ever got invaded? Are they all protected by the U.S. Defense Shield too? If you ask me, I think you give America too much credit. Like they defend the world or something. Like Canada's ability to make friends rather then enemies diddn't play any effects as to why people don't invade Canada or the fact we are in NATO which consists of far more countries then just the U.S.

Are you seriously telling me that Canada and the United States don't defend each other? NORAD? Joint exercises? The Cold War was the West vs the East, the West being the United States and her allies, one of which being Canada. The Cold War was over, but IF it did go hot, who would of rushed to our aid? After Trudeau, the Canadian military started to shrink, and even without the shrinkage, Canada would of needed American help, because the Europeans would be kinda busy with their own Soviet issue.

Canada's ability to make "friends" is utter garbage. We were on the American side during the Cold War, and NATO would of dragged us instantly into a war if one of our allies were attacked. If I remember correctly, Canada was also chosen to represent non-communist (see US) interests in the International Control Commission. Canadian delegates even SPIED for the US.

http://www.canadianencyclopedia.ca/inde ... RTA0008367

$1:
I guess all the natural resources Canada sends to the U.S. doesn't make them require us? They souly require us for our friendship, if the U.S. ever feels loney we can cuddle with each other and talk all night. In exchange for the U.S. to souly be a country right beside us, that some how in some strange way means nobody invades us because of that.

Canada is U.S's best trading partner, and U.S. is Canada's. We keep each others economy strong, also remember those really nasty natural disasters. Who was it exactly that send in troops to help clean it up and assist? Canada. Those companies that send in workers to help re-build homes in one of those American Towns, and help fund the project was a what company? Right, a Canadian Company and workers. In gratitude, the town renamed themselves to something Canadian related. Replacing there own towns name.

I never denied that Canada's trade relationship was a mutual one. However, like it or not, Canada is far more reliant on the United States than vice versa. Its a mutual and beneficial agreement for both nations. Also, you really see that the United States has never ever helped Canada in any sort of disaster? I'm sure I can find stories of US firefighters helping fight Canadian forest fighters. That just shows our close relationship.

Somebody might be making my point for me.

$1:
When America got attacked on 9/11, who was it that send troops in the U.S. led war? Canada. Who was it that took on the hardest job in Afghanistan despite our lack of numbers, equipment and military power? Canada. We took the job of fighting in Afghanistan's most violent region. While other countries diddn't get involved, or stayed in the side lines aka green zones. Canada committed fully to the war, increasing troop sizes. Buying new helicopters and tanks and modernizing its military spending billions on it because we sent troops into Afghanistan because America got attacked and our troops deserve a modern military.

What was the latest thing the U.S. has done for Canada beside be our trading partner, and graciously offered us to get rid of our identity, soviernty in order to merge with the all powerful United States. Name 3 of them? Perhaps even one?

How about when the Americans let us use their equipment to actually be DEPLOYED to Afghanistan?

Anyway, you're making my point. Canada and the United States are literally brothers. Borders mean nothing to us because we help each other when we need it. Canadians help Americans, Americans help Canadians. However, when Americans help Canadians, they don't brag. They just do, when Canadians help Americans, some Canadians act like we're better than them because they needed some help.

The Canadians who helped during 9-11 didn't do it because they were any more or less friendly than Americans, it is because they could help. Gander for example, in that town help thousands from around the world, but they didn't do it because Americans needed help, they did it because people needed help. Canadians, and Americans, help people in need, not nationalities.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:47 pm

You're right, borders means nothing to us. Which is why the U.S. is constantly beefing up there part of the U.S./Canada border right?

NORAD is a good example, but your point being was that the U.S. purely defends Canada. NORAD is a joint defense, by that meaning shouldn't your statement be re-edited to something more like. Canada is jointly defended by itself and U.S. assistance? Instead of giving Canada's defense credit purely to America like you did in your other post? Unless of course NORAD is a pure American accomplishment/program that I diddn't know about?

Also our ability to make friends is not garbage, proof? With all of America's wars, expecially in the Middle East. America is one of the most hated Countries in the world, and is under constant terrorist threats, it took 9/11 for you to finally realize that. Where was Canada in all this? Not even under the Terrorism radar unti'll we entered Afghanistan.

As one of the main fighting forces in Afghanistan, along with the U.S. and Britain and other countries. Mostly more active in the greenzones did Canada become a threat to them. Before, Canada was neutral and it was being neutral that kept us safe from being attacked.

Canada has always been a small military country, unti'll the world wars. Where we had one of the most largest army's, and navy's. Which was great considering our population then but we have only gotten invaded once and it was by America itself.

It's surely idiotic to suggest even before Canada and the US has close relationships that Canada was defended because America was its neighbour. Hey, isn't Georgia a ally of America. Aren't they being invaded right now by Russia. Where is America's 'defense shield' for them? I guess it only applies for Canada right? That's wierd that is canucks get special treatment and all that. Just lucky I suppose, I remember those firefighter things though and you are right. That is one thing they have done for us, and high praise for that. I do remember asking 3 examples though. You got 2 more to go, don't stop now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:52 pm

These two countries joining is an inevitability, how ever not in our lifetime..

With the amount of baggage the U.S. has, it would be comparable to marrying someone with a bottomless pit of debt that has ten kids, all with different fathers. And all though she may be smoke'n hot, it will be nothing but problems..

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:19 pm

Please explain how it is inevitable, really everybody keep saying its going to happen. Theres no stopping it, its inevitable but they never state there bases of why it's inevitable. Maybe the U.S. merges with Canada instead? Maybe Canada merged with the EU? You don't know. Only future history will.

Is it inevitable because one day we will become a type 1 civilization? Again, how do you know it will be with the U.S.?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:53 pm

Stop_Veruca_Salt Stop_Veruca_Salt:

With the amount of baggage the U.S. has, it would be comparable to marrying someone with a bottomless pit of debt that has ten kids, all with different fathers. And all though she may be smoke'n hot, it will be nothing but problems..

Maybe, maybe not. You don't know that so don't pretend to. Oh, and Canada doesn't have a bottomless pit of debt, unlike the U.S. If anything, it would be the U.S joining Canada. Great one.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Carolina Hurricans
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:56 pm

I hope and pray that the two countries never join together. I think that each country will loose too much of what makes them unique. There is nothing wrong with the way things are right now, other than the standard issue American arrogance.

The reason they say that it is inevitable over and over is that they know that the more you hear something mentioned, whether real or imaginary, that over time people will start believing it because "everyone has been saying it and everyone knows about it so it must be true." i.e.: The alleged Iraqi WMD's.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:01 pm

Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
Please explain how it is inevitable, really everybody keep saying its going to happen. Theres no stopping it, its inevitable but they never state there bases of why it's inevitable. Maybe the U.S. merges with Canada instead? Maybe Canada merged with the EU? You don't know. Only future history will.

Is it inevitable because one day we will become a type 1 civilization? Again, how do you know it will be with the U.S.?

Ever heard of the Roman Empire...(And look what happened to them)...

Who ever thought there would be a European Union..They were not all for it. And they have more cultural differences between them than Canada and the U.S. has..

It's inevitable because if you look in history countries have always (invaded) merged and broke up. Its like a relationship..Just human nature...
Now a days issues are more compressed. There is more population less resources and far more powerful weapons. The smallest country with a nuke now has negotiating power..

How these two countries merge and how long it may take are from an endless number of possibilities that could be set in motion from future events..Like what would happen if Israel attacks Iran. Just that event would effect you life..And there are many more issues out there that are smouldering..Like the over inflated U.S. dollar.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:21 pm

Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
You're right, borders means nothing to us. Which is why the U.S. is constantly beefing up there part of the U.S./Canada border right?

Because our immigration policies suck and we let amost anyone into Canada.

Also, 80% of Americans still think the 9/11 hijackers came from Canada. :roll:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... 5Apr8.html

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/sto ... a9&k=56437

http://global-economics.ca/911hijackers.htm **

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:28 pm

tritium tritium:

Also, 80% of Americans still think the 9/11 hijackers came from Canada.

Then I guess U.S immigration policies suck as well as they let supposed people into the states, not to mention the millions of illegals already in the states.

I don't care what or where they think they came from, THEY let them in. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:31 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
Stop_Veruca_Salt Stop_Veruca_Salt:

Maybe, maybe not. You don't know that so don't pretend to. Oh, and Canada doesn't have a bottomless pit of debt, unlike the U.S. If anything, it would be the U.S joining Canada. Great one.

It's the other way around, moe moe. Read it slower.. And get off your high horse, when the two countries integrate it will not be under the name of U.S. or Canada..

It will be Allha Mahatma Ashi.....lol.....
Another thing you may not like as well is that Europeans will be a minority in both counties in the future as well..

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:36 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
tritium tritium:

Also, 80% of Americans still think the 9/11 hijackers came from Canada.

Then I guess U.S immigration policies suck as well as they let supposed people into the states, not to mention the millions of illegals already in the states.

I don't care what or where they think they came from, THEY let them in. :roll:

agreed.

Here is an interesting tid bit.

Anyone know of Edgar Cayce, who has been called "the most documented psychic of all times."

Casey's has a prediction that Canada and the USA will be one nation.

Here are some other interesting predictions...

http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/5994/page5.html

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  9  10 ... 13  Next