Yogi Yogi:
Problem solved! :lol:

0:
Samsung-T139.jpg

That's the exact same phone I have. :lol:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:40 pm

Yet another failure by the SCoC to protect the rights of the people.

It's not wrong if the police keep detailed notes on how they violated your privacy? What world do those xxxxx live on?

If the police can't show a judge a moving need to search your phone, then they shouldn't be free to fish around in it.

If the judges are so worried about needing to search a phone to protect a life maybe they should be more willing to accept off hour request for search warrants. Of all the justifications for pissing away a charter right, judges being lazy has to be a new low.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:10 pm

If you have that much shit on your phone, maybe you shouldn't have a phone.

I hope this turns out to be very lucrative for the police.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:15 pm

wildrosegirl wildrosegirl:

You mean like in Iraq where they can use it to blackmail you? Just how far have we sunk, exactly?

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:18 pm

Far enough that we have shit in our cell phones that can incriminate us.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:24 pm

I still use two cocoa tins and a piece of string. If someone tries to use it, I always make sure the lids are on. The lids have a message "open other end", this will baffle most cops.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:31 pm

What incrimination? Do you really want cops looking thru your family pics, reading your e-mails, who knows what? What people have on their phone they used to have in their home - the cops can't just come and search that. Maybe even you wouldn't be thrilled to have the cops digging thru your private life, none of which is illegal, just maybe has embarrassing aspects.

The judgement is stupid. It severely restricts when the cops can look thru the phone, and what they can look for. The person has to be arrested before they can look in the phone, and then they need probable cause. So if all that is required, why not just make the cops get a warrant, same as if they want to search your house. OTOH, most people here have very little to worry about, the cops can't just look thru your phone on say a traffic stop. They might do so anyway, but it would be illegal. If the cop doesn't care about the law, requiring a warrant isn't going to make a diff. This is a tempest in a tea pot either way.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:34 pm

What it means is that you get arrested and the police will take your phone and keep it as evidence for a few as long as they see fit.

And you can look forward to paying for it, if you are on a contract.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:37 pm

andyt andyt:
OTOH, most people here have very little to worry about, the cops can't just look thru your phone on say a traffic stop. They might do so anyway, but it would be illegal. If the cop doesn't care about the law, requiring a warrant isn't going to make a diff. This is a tempest in a tea pot either way.

They will do it anyway or they will lie to people about if they have to give their phone and password to the police.

As for not caring because it's just one small slice, Salami Tactics.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:48 pm

$1:
What people have on their phone they used to have in their home - the cops can't just come and search that.

Exactly.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:52 pm

andyt andyt:

What incrimination? Do you really want cops looking thru your family pics, reading your e-mails, who knows what? What people have on their phone they used to have in their home - the cops can't just come and search that. Maybe even you wouldn't be thrilled to have the cops digging thru your private life, none of which is illegal, just maybe has embarrassing aspects.

The judgement is stupid. It severely restricts when the cops can look thru the phone, and what they can look for. The person has to be arrested before they can look in the phone, and then they need probable cause. So if all that is required, why not just make the cops get a warrant, same as if they want to search your house. OTOH, most people here have very little to worry about, the cops can't just look thru your phone on say a traffic stop. They might do so anyway, but it would be illegal. If the cop doesn't care about the law, requiring a warrant isn't going to make a diff. This is a tempest in a tea pot either way.

Honestly, I don't give a shit. You can go through my phone, my computer and my fucking drawers for all I care. You're gonna find texts to my kids, the last pizza I ordered and my socks.

Fly at it.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Xort Xort:

What it means is that you get arrested and the police will take your phone and keep it as evidence for a few as long as they see fit.

And you can look forward to paying for it, if you are on a contract.[/quote]

In that case just report it as 'lost' and go with a replacement.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:49 pm

You can go through my fucking drawers.

Fly at it.

Well, I never. There was a time when ladies knew how to act like ladies. What is this world coming to? We are losing our manners and morals. tsk tsk tsk. Somebody obviously didn't get spanked enough when they were young. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:06 am

I have nothing to hide, but there are things that are private.
I do not expect anyone to 'explore my private parts' without my consent or the courts consent. That includes my drawers and my cell phone.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:40 am

I would prefer the police (or others) not look at my computer or my phone, or even enter my room, or get my backpack, or my wallet, or whatever. I'm reasonably sure the worst that could come of it would be a dimebag and a lot of laughter, but I still must admit I'd totally prefer a scenario where the police (or anyone) can't simply snatch up my phone and look through it. Like I said, it'd be "your loss", but it would be ideal if no one lost, :lol:

That said, this isn't until you're "arrested" and I had completely assumed that it was already SOP to rifle through people's phones when they've been arrested, :lol: I'm frankly surprised that this comes from the courts and wasn't something the Cons slipped into a bill. Though, I'm sure they are in a frantic rush to defend our liberties.