Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:30 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Brenda Brenda:
The Netherlands is actually doing fine.

Of course. Other than those pesky Muslim enclaves and the price of gas and food more than double ours.

Gas is expensive, yes. Food is cheaper, car insurance is WAY cheaper, health insurance is more expensive but you get more too and so on.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:30 am

andyt andyt:
Those poor Dutchies, having to scrape together their pennies barely able to afford enough food or gas for their car. Of course they have less poor people than we do - can't understand how that works.

Maybe you should immigrate there andy. Get more money for slinging coffee. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:31 am

Brenda Brenda:
2Cdo 2Cdo:
Brenda Brenda:
The Netherlands is actually doing fine.

Of course. Other than those pesky Muslim enclaves and the price of gas and food more than double ours.

Gas is expensive, yes. Food is cheaper, car insurance is WAY cheaper, health insurance is more expensive but you get more too and so on.

I was last there 4 years ago and food was decidedly NOT cheaper. I can't comment on their health care or car insurance.

Sorry for the edit, but maybe compared to you living in BC. I found when I lived in BC years ago that food was more expensive there than in Ontario. So we're both correct on food.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:45 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:

I was last there 4 years ago and food was decidedly NOT cheaper. I can't comment on their health care or car insurance.

Sorry for the edit, but maybe compared to you living in BC. I found when I lived in BC years ago that food was more expensive there than in Ontario. So we're both correct on food.

:lol:
I do live in the boof*cking middle of nowhere, which might be a factor too. Plus, I am comparing BC food prices of today, with Dutch food prices of 5 years ago. That might not be fair either.

Overall tho, the system is just different, so you get more for your buck in The Netherlands than here. Mortgage interest deductable is a BIG help, although they are trying to get rid of it in The Netherlands too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:50 am

Food costs are 15% lower in the Netherlands. But overall cost of living is 19% higher in Holland. Doesn't make it the hellhole that 2Cdo wants to make it out to be. As for enclaves, we have those Caribbean enclaves in TO that cause trouble, and our gangsters in Vancouver etc. We've also had our arrests of local born jihadis. Crime is a lot less in Holland.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:52 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
andyt andyt:
Those poor Dutchies, having to scrape together their pennies barely able to afford enough food or gas for their car. Of course they have less poor people than we do - can't understand how that works.

Maybe you should immigrate there andy. Get more money for slinging coffee. :roll:

So why is it that when people think that some things are better elsewhere, they should just go there and fuck off here?

Don't you think that anything is always up for improvement? We can actually learn from others...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:54 am

andyt andyt:
Food costs are 15% lower in the Netherlands. But overall cost of living is 19% higher in Holland. Doesn't make it the hellhole that 2Cdo wants to make it out to be.

And where did I call it a hellhole Mr Hyperbole? :roll:

$1:
As for enclaves, we have those Caribbean enclaves in TO that cause trouble, and our gangsters in Vancouver etc. We've also had our arrests of local born jihadis. Crime is a lot less in Holland.

When are you moving there?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:54 am

andyt andyt:
Food costs are 15% lower in the Netherlands. But overall cost of living is 19% higher in Holland. Doesn't make it the hellhole that 2Cdo wants to make it out to be. As for enclaves, we have those Caribbean enclaves in TO that cause trouble, and our gangsters in Vancouver etc. We've also had our arrests of local born jihadis. Crime is a lot less in Holland.

The crime rate is actually what surprised me. Canada is "known" for cleanliness and lack of crime. Guess that is a wrong perception too...
There is so much more drugs and drug use here (in the middle of nowhere) than where I am from (city)...

Funny, because sales tax was 19% (is now 21%) :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:56 am

Brenda Brenda:
2Cdo 2Cdo:
andyt andyt:

So why is it that when people think that some things are better elsewhere, they should just go there and fuck off here?

Because andy is a useless troll.

$1:
Don't you think that anything is always up for improvement? We can actually learn from others...

Sure we can, and it works both ways. There is also a lot of sentiment in Europe that us "new world" folk aren't as good as them. As more of their economies fail, maybe they will come to their senses that a lot of what we do IS better than their methods.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:57 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
andyt andyt:
Food costs are 15% lower in the Netherlands. But overall cost of living is 19% higher in Holland. Doesn't make it the hellhole that 2Cdo wants to make it out to be.

And where did I call it a hellhole Mr Hyperbole? :roll:

$1:
As for enclaves, we have those Caribbean enclaves in TO that cause trouble, and our gangsters in Vancouver etc. We've also had our arrests of local born jihadis. Crime is a lot less in Holland.

When are you moving there?

black meet white. "a horse is a horse of course of course, yup yup."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:59 am

andyt andyt:

black meet white.

Is this your new catch phrase for the day? :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:04 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Brenda Brenda:

Because andy is a useless troll. [quote]
Meh, I think he has a lot of useful things to say. That you don't agree, does not necessarily make him a troll.

Last edited by Brenda on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:05 am

Brenda Brenda:
Meh, I think he has a lot of useful things to say. That you don't agree, does not necessarily make him a troll.

By his own admission he is here to "stir up shit", thus a troll.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:06 am

I am having trouble editing and quoting. SOMETHING is messed up :lol:
$1:
$1:

Sure we can, and it works both ways. There is also a lot of sentiment in Europe that us "new world" folk aren't as good as them. As more of their economies fail, maybe they will come to their senses that a lot of what we do IS better than their methods.

Of course it works both ways.
I am not talking about "Europe". I am only talking about The Netherlands and my experience. I am not responsible for what others might think, or Greek/Spanish/Portugees economies that are failing (we saw that coming 30 years ago...). Like you (or Canada) is not responsible for the banking bs in the US.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:13 am

Brenda Brenda:
I am having trouble editing and quoting. SOMETHING is messed up :lol:
$1:
$1:

Of course it works both ways.
I am not talking about "Europe". I am only talking about The Netherlands and my experience. I am not responsible for what others might think, or Greek/Spanish/Portugees economies that are failing (we saw that coming 30 years ago...). Like you (or Canada) is not responsible for the banking bs in the US.

Another example of black and white thinking. All of Europe must be the same, even tho many of the northern countries are doing very well. We can learn from them (healthcare for instance), they can learn from us (less regulations for instance). Actually Sweden gets praised as one of the most business friendly countries anywhere, better than Canada, less corrupt too. It's easy to hire and fire in Sweden, but if you lose your job there are lots of supports in place to help you get a new one. Unemployment is about the same as here. Holland actually has lower unemployment than we do, so those restrictive firing rules can't be having much of an impact.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next