canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:47 am

Not germane to the thread really. Staunchly liberal/left-wing New York, LA, Frisco, Victoria, and Vancouver all do the same thing and they're hardly dens of rightist iniquity.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:05 am

I think it's more the landlords than the cities.

If they wanted to own a hotel, they should have bought a hotel.

Kicking people out when the vacancy rate is 3% takes a special kind of Capitalist.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:55 am

The cities could stop it if they really wanted to. That they don't means they're merely politicians that really don't have any recognizable ideology. Capitalist, yes, and viciously so. No real difference between Wall Street from the equally-capitalist Chinese communists at this point in time. Or from the sort of landlords who like punching downwards as hard as they can on the weakest targets they can find.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:31 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Desperate people do ugly things, especially when they're consistently being demonized by those who have it easy.

...said every member of Al Qaeda, ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah,the Taliban, etc. etc.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:40 pm

You're free to put up as many murals of your new Saint Greta all you want. Go for broke. Just be smarter about where you put them instead of doing the equivalent of waving a red cloth in front of a bull. And if you Easterners don't want desperate people in other parts of the country doing ugly things then don't vote in the kind of politicians who keep deliberately creating desperate situations for other Canadians.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:58 pm

Thanos Thanos:
You're free to put up as many murals of your new Saint Greta all you want. Go for broke. Just be smarter about where you put them instead of doing the equivalent of waving a red cloth in front of a bull. And if you Easterners don't want desperate people in other parts of the country doing ugly things then don't vote in the kind of politicians who keep deliberately creating desperate situations for other Canadians.

...still sounds like every member of Al Qaeda, ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah,the Taliban, etc. etc.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:48 pm

Darn. I was really hoping you'd say I sounded like a member of the FLQ.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:55 am

$1:
Trump supporter arrested in bear spray attack in Santa Monica

SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- What was supposed to be a peaceful protest against the Trump administration Saturday turned violent when a man wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat used bear spray on demonstrators.

Video showed several people getting hit with the chemical and falling to the ground.

"All of a sudden just a big blow of bear Mace came and hit me in the face," said Bo Logan, a member of Refuse Fascism LA, the group that organized the demonstration.

"We had to go to the emergency room because my hands had burns on them. Another person had her arm injured. She was actually physically assaulted by these Trump supporters while she was on the ground," Logan said.

Santa Monica police arrested 32-year-old David Nicholas Dempsey. He was booked into custody for Use of a Tear Gas Weapon and Assault with a Caustic Chemical.

Police said several protesters were affected by the gas as were others who were on the pier. Four people were treated at a local hospital.

Refuse Fascism LA had spelled out "Trump-Pence #OUTNOW" in large letters along the Santa Monica beach. They were going to stage a "die-in" on the pier, but abandoned the plan after the chemical attack.

Dempsey's bail was set at $50,000. He's due in court Tuesday.

https://abc7.com/politics/trump-support ... a/5636430/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:01 am

One person mural is an another persons eye sore that needs to be covered up.

So people are bitching about some painted mural being painted on. Are we to call this paint on paint violence?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:17 am

stratos stratos:

So people are bitching about some painted mural being painted on. Are we to call this paint on paint violence?

No, we are going to call it big tough guys pwned by a little Swedish girl. "First they ignore you; then they abuse you; then they crack down on you and then you win." to paraphrase Ghandi.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:08 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
stratos stratos:

No, we are going to call it big tough guys pwned by a little Swedish girl. "First they ignore you; then they abuse you; then they crack down on you and then you win." to paraphrase Ghandi.

So you're but hurt over this? By that standard then the right in America is about to win again.

She accused the freaking UN of ruining her childhood. Than later actually said we shouldn't listen to her. She said some stuff after that but I stopped listening.

Thing is it's okay for her to verbally abuse anyone that does not agree with her 100%.Yet her supporters go in a tail spin of how dare you when anyone speaks against her.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:14 am

stratos stratos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
stratos stratos:

So you're but hurt over this? By that standard then the right in America is about to win again.

She accused the freaking UN of ruining her childhood. Than later actually said we shouldn't listen to her. She said some stuff after that but I stopped listening.

Thing is it's okay for her to verbally abuse anyone that does not agree with her 100%.Yet her supporters go in a tail spin of how dare you when anyone speaks against her.

How dare you speak against the followers of imminent global warming, climate change, climate crisis, climate catastrophe.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:24 am

I prefer to call it Climate Apocalypse.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:46 am

stratos stratos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
stratos stratos:

Not even a little. I think it's sad that the only solution that people have is to vandalize pictures of a little girl. Perhaps if they were more constructive, they could adapt and find a new profession. Picking on little girls doesn't pay the bills.

stratos stratos:

Perhaps you should have, they you'd understand her argument. What she said made sense. And since when do you like the UN?

stratos stratos:

That was the part where she said 'don't listen to me, listen to the science'. Speak against her all they like. Paint over her pictures, all they like. Ignore the thousands of protesters turning out every Friday, worldwide, all they like.

It doesn't change the science.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:27 am

If you don't agree with me, I'll punch you in the face. :evil:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 926 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 46  47  48  49  50  51  52 ... 62  Next