canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:08 pm

Existentially it all really proves one thing. The Russians are, always have been, and always will be a bunch of malignant assholes. Anyone who turns their back on these fuckers, or stupidly believes that they're anyone's friend like so many were going on about back in the 1990's and 2000's, kind of deserves what they get. Rabid fucking dogs are friendlier and more trustworthy.

"See? What did I tell you about these fucking guys? And you said I was the crazy one!"

- Uncle Adolph
:mrgreen:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:11 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Back in the good old days, I don't think anyone envisioned NATO fighting the Russians over the Ukraine......And where did the godless Commie threat go that the Americans rallied around? Putin is a devout Christian, and Russia is a fairly religious society now.

Some dipshit on FOX yesterday, one of the female big-boob clones on The Five or one of those other shit-shows, was openly pining on how cool it would be if Putin ran the US for 48 hours. All so he could put the kibosh on Ferguson or the Obamunist's death panels. More proof that regardless of nationality, shit-birds of a feather will shit flock together.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:14 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Back in the good old days, I don't think anyone envisioned NATO fighting the Russians over the Ukraine......And where did the godless Commie threat go that the Americans rallied around? Putin is a devout Christian, and Russia is a fairly religious society now.

Well happy to see NATO making these strong statements. I thought they were going to let the Ukraine go and rally around the (NATO-member) Baltic States. See if they can deliver though. You can count on France and Italy to run. You can count on 5-eyes to fight. Germany is on the fence.

I still have a nasty feeling that Ukraine will soon be part of Russia though. We were too late. Russia is in there already. Putin was more ambitious and bolder than most folks thought.

Christian is a label. It doesn't mean anything. I thought the point of being a Christian was to be like Christ. Not really getting that vibe from Putin. The vibe I'm getting from Putin, in the immortal words of John McCain, is K-G-B.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Some dipshit on FOX yesterday, one of the female big-boob clones on The Five or one of those other shit-shows, was openly pining on how cool it would be if Putin ran the US for 48 hours. All so he could put the kibosh on Ferguson or the Obamunist's death panels. More proof that regardless of nationality, shit-birds of a feather will shit flock together.

There is a lot of admiration for Putin on the right. Some of those right-wingers just want to be told what to do by their daddy, deep down, I guess. I wonder who FOX will end up backing, if NATO and Russia go toe-to-toe?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:35 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Thanos Thanos:

There is a lot of admiration for Putin on the right. Some of those right-wingers just want to be told what to do by their daddy, deep down, I guess. I wonder who FOX will end up backing, if NATO and Russia go toe-to-toe?

If it happens during the remainder of Obama's presidency they'll back Putin. They'll probably do the same if Hillary Clinton wins the next election. If it happens after 2016 and a Republican is in the White House again, the current Putin lovefest will disappear overnight and they'll be back to full neo-con mode with Russia as the centrepiece in their revised Axis Of Evil speech.

The destruction of their domestic political enemies is and always will be the highest priority with these ideologues, even in the face of a threat from a foreign menace like Vladimir Putin. If Al Gore had been President in 2001 the current Republicans would have tried to impeach him if Sept 11 had happened on his watch, as opposed to the majority of Democrats who rallied around George W. Bush after the attack. If the current GOP travelled back in time to 1941 they would have tried to impeach FDR over the attack on Pearl Harbour, instead of rallying around him the way that the much more genuinely patriotic Republicans of that better era and better generation did.

There is no limit to how low they will sink if they believe their tactics can damage their political enemies. That's just the kind of creatures they are these days. :|

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:53 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
There is a lot of admiration for Putin on the right.

That admiration degraded when Putin took in Snowden (something I still support) as too many 'law and order' neo-cons couldn't see past Snowden being a metrosexual intellectual to see that he was doing the right thing. The admiration took a nosedive after Putin invaded and annexed Crimea. At this point he's only popular with the paid Russian trolls on various forums who are all easily recognized by their user names being 'Robert' and 'Steven' and their IP addresses coming out of the Moscow area. :wink:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:56 pm

Thanos Thanos:
If it happens during the remainder of Obama's presidency they'll back Putin.

Nope. Speaking for the vast majority of the American right if our country is under attack we'll fight for our country. But if, say, Obama were arrested by the Russians somewhere we'd be content to let the 'cooler heads' at the State Department negotiate the matter in their customary manner. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:11 pm

The President is the Commander In Chief of your nation and your armed forces. That means you have a legal and patriotic obligation to follow his leadership in times of war. That you may personally detest the person who happens to be President at any given moment is utterly irrelevant. Anyone who can't follow this shouldn't be in the armed forces, an occupation in which (so I've been led to believe) one is also obligated to put their own personal politics aside while one is member.

As for Russia, they're Russians and that's the only explanation as to why they're behaving this way right now. They were no more intimidated by a bomb-dropping goof like George W. Bush than they are by Barack Obama. And they won't be intimidated either by Hillary Clinton or Rick Perry or Rand Paul or anyone else that comes out of the 2016 election in victory. Personally I believe that if the US and NATO went and punched the Russians as hard as possible right in the side of their fucking head the assholes would collapse like the house of cards they are. Western airpower alone would have a field day against Russia as much as they did twice against Saddam Hussein. As they're still in possession of nuclear weapons though it's too great a risk to take.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:22 pm

the armed forces, an occupation in which (so I've been led to believe) one is also obligated to put their own personal politics aside while one is member.

I always kept portraits of Paul Hellyer and Pierre Trudeau near at hand. You never knew when you might have to:

[Fill'er in, boys!]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:03 am

$1:
U.S. official says 1,000 Russian troops enter Ukraine

A top Ukrainian army officer said a "full-scale invasion" of his country was under way Thursday, as a U.S. official said up to 1,000 Russian troops had crossed Ukraine's southern border to fight alongside pro-Russian rebels.

U.S. officials said Russian troops were directly involved in the latest fighting, despite Moscow's denials.

Rebels backed by Russian tanks and armored personnel carriers fought Ukrainian forces on two fronts Thursday: southeast of rebel-held Donetsk, and along the nation's southern coast in the town of Novoazovsk, about 12 miles (20 km) from the Russian border, according to Mykhailo Lysenko, the deputy commander of the Ukrainian Donbas battalion.

"This is a full-scale invasion," Lysenko said, referring to the fighting in the south.
Fighting in Ukraine may be spreading
Ukraine: Russians captured in east

Intelligence now indicates that up to 1,000 Russian troops have moved into southern Ukraine with heavy weapons and are fighting there, a U.S. official told CNN Thursday.

U.S. official: Intelligence indicates up to 1,000 Russian troops are in southern Ukraine
Donetsk rebel leader: Up to 4,000 Russians are fighting; some are active servicemen
Ukraine's Prime Minister calls for an immediate U.N. Security Council meeting
U.S. ambassador to Ukraine says Russia is "now directly involved in the fighting"

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/28/world/eur ... ne-crisis/

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:16 am

CBC: Russian tanks enter Ukraine, fire missiles at border post
$1:
Two columns of Russian tanks and military vehicles fired Grad missiles from Russia at a border post in southeastern Ukraine, then rolled into the country Thursday as its overmatched border guards fled, a top Ukrainian official said.

The comments by Col. Andriy Lysenko, a spokesman for Ukraine's National Security Council, and other statements from NATO, the pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine and the United States left no doubt that the Russian military had invaded southeastern Ukraine.
The UN Security Council is also preparing to meet in emergency session. Diplomats said Thursday that the council will meet at 2 p.m. local time at the request of Lithuania.

Alarm has grown as Brig.-Gen. Nico Tak, a top NATO official, said at least 1,000 Russian troops have poured into Ukraine with sophisticated equipment and have been in direct "contact" with Ukrainian soldiers, resulting in casualties.
Tak told reporters at NATO headquarters that the ultimate aim of Russia was to stave off defeat for the separatists and turn eastern Ukraine into a "frozen conflict" that would destabilize the country "indefinitely."

NATO estimated that another 20,000 Russian troops were right over the Russian border.
The leader of the insurgency, Alexander Zakharchenko, said in an interview on Russian state television that 3,000 to 4,000 Russians have fought on the separatist side since the armed conflict began in April.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:28 am

Thanos Thanos:
The President is the Commander In Chief of your nation and your armed forces. That means you have a legal and patriotic obligation to follow his leadership in times of war.

Eight years of listening to the Dummycrats and the left shitting on Bush during a war set the precedent that says I don't have to give a shit what Obama says or does.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:34 am

Canada's NATO Delegation Just Epically Trolled Russia With This Map Of Ukraine

$1:
Canada's delegation to NATO on Wednesday posted a helpful guide for Russian soldiers who have crossed the Ukrainian border "by accident."

On Twitter, the delegation posted a simple map of "Russia" and "Not Russia."

"Geography can be tough. Here’s a guide for Russian soldiers who keep getting lost & ‘accidentally’ entering," the delegation wrote along with the map.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:42 am

Look for Russia to make a play in the North soon. Better fire up the DEW line again.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:11 am

So what is the West saying in response to this act of war?

*crickets chirping*

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2612 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 162  163  164  165  166  167  168 ... 175  Next