Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:25 am

For those of you who play BLOPS2, when you're going in to select your server, Online > Public Match > Find Match screen there's an option to press for "Search Preferences".

By default, it's set to normal.

Set that to "Best" and any lag issues will be long gone.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:50 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
For those of you who play BLOPS2, when you're going in to select your server, Online > Public Match > Find Match screen there's an option to press for "Search Preferences".

Good info. For Console or PC? I play PC, so I hope it works.

I also play mostly with a clan, so I'll tell the party host to do the same.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:07 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:

I think it works for all platforms if I'm not mistaken...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:59 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
With all this talk of gaming, has anyone else picked up Black Ops 2? I bought it today, and am looking forward to a lot of killing in the next few days.

It certainly looks good - but I'm too cheap to spend $60 on a video game nowadays.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:05 pm

It's usual price these days unfortunately. What I'm really peeved at is the $60 price tag for a seasons pass of dlc.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:41 pm

IIRC, it was the going price in the early 2000s when I was still buying games too (or close to it) - it's just that now my priorities are different and $60 seems like a lot - especially when I can get a couple outfits for my daughter or some groceries or something else my family needs, rather than wants.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:45 pm

xerxes xerxes:
What I'm really peeved at is the $60 price tag for a seasons pass of dlc.

On PC (the platform that started gaming), they never released the 'Ultimate' option on the 'Modern Warfare' series. We had to pay $15 a pop for DLC. They screwed the second one up so bad, the game (MW3) was nearly unplayable for weeks until they fixed it.

I didn't buy the last 2 DLCs.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Any good video games out there that have Hitler as the protagonist? :mrgreen:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:04 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
IIRC, it was the going price in the early 2000s when I was still buying games too (or close to it) - it's just that now my priorities are different and $60 seems like a lot - especially when I can get a couple outfits for my daughter or some groceries or something else my family needs, rather than wants.

Yikes, it's $60 boots...it's $60 that could last you a year or more of entertainment.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:47 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
bootlegga bootlegga:

Yikes, it's $60 boots...it's $60 that could last you a year or more of entertainment.

Well if I was a single guy without a care in the world, I'd buy it in a heartbeat - the multiplayer looks awesome and the zombie killing looks pretty cool too - after all, one needs to be ready for the zombie apocalypse. :lol:

However, given that I have a 3 year old and a 3 month old, I'd never have time to play it - hell, I don't have time to play the PC games I already have. I also can't even remember the last time I turned on the Wii.

That's why I'd rather spend the $60 on something else that I will use - be it groceries or books so I can read to my kids or even a couple movies we can all enjoy - instead of something that will just sit on the shelf 99% of the time.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:57 am

I can't sleep after playing Zombies. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:09 am

bootlegga bootlegga:

Well if I was a single guy without a care in the world, I'd buy it in a heartbeat - the multiplayer looks awesome and the zombie killing looks pretty cool too - after all, one needs to be ready for the zombie apocalypse. :lol:

However, given that I have a 3 year old and a 3 month old, I'd never have time to play it - hell, I don't have time to play the PC games I already have. I also can't even remember the last time I turned on the Wii.

That's why I'd rather spend the $60 on something else that I will use - be it groceries or books so I can read to my kids or even a couple movies we can all enjoy - instead of something that will just sit on the shelf 99% of the time.

Make some time for yourself dad, you'll go crazy if you don't!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:05 am

I do - I just know that buying an awesome game for a new console I've never played before won't be fun, it'll be frustrating - especially when some smartass kid from Russia frags me.

No, I'll wait a bit before I buy a game like Black Ops 2 - I'll start out with whatever game comes with the system I get and see that goes first. Once I'm confident of my abilities, then I'll get something like Black Ops 2.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:12 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
I do - I just know that buying an awesome game for a new console I've never played before won't be fun, it'll be frustrating - especially when some smartass kid from Russia frags me.

No, I'll wait a bit before I buy a game like Black Ops 2 - I'll start out with whatever game comes with the system I get and see that goes first. Once I'm confident of my abilities, then I'll get something like Black Ops 2.

They offer a new mode in Black Ops 2 that allows you to get your feet wet and play with only newbies and not kids from Russia who've been playing for 2 weeks straight.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:18 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:

I think it works for all platforms if I'm not mistaken...

No joy. There is no 'preferences' under "Find Match". Only Core, Hardcore etc. :( Once again, PC players get hosed.