Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:05 pm

Todays low in my city was 92 degrees F or 33 degrees C. That was the low. That was around 5 AM. The high will be 115 degrees F or 46 degrees C. Tomorrow it gets even hotter with the high forecast to be 118 degrees F or 47.7 degrees C. If you think that sucks, up the road aways at Death Valley the high tomorrow is supposed to hit 127 degrees F or 52.7 degrees C. The all time high temp ever recorded on the planet is 129.2 degrees F or 54 degrees C.

Think about that for a minute. Tomorrow we will come within 2 degrees of the hottest ever recorded temp on the planet. Thats EVER, and ANYWHERE. We have a real chance to set a new record this summer. Not looking good. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:15 pm

Now add 99% humidity to that. 8O

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:32 am

Coolest day of the week today, at 24. Into the 30's for the foreseeable forecast.

Got a 15,000 BTU portable AC unit. It's actually too powerful. It'll turn my room so cold that I can't sleep. :lol:

#FirstWorldproblems.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:27 pm

Never got above 20*C here today, with overcast skies all day. The forecast showed 24*C with a humidex of 28*C, but it never happened. Because of the inconsistent weather this summer, I've hardly used my A/C and have enjoyed some low hydro bills.

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:11 pm

Heat warning's back for the rest of this week. :cry:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:24 am

^^^

At least there is rain in the forecast for the weekend. It has rained enough to wet the sidewalk one time since the snow melted.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:25 am

The next week is expected to be sun/cloud mix but no rain in sight. At least temps are going to be low 20's in the day and 15C at night which is fine by me. Finally a break from those high temps we were getting.

Everything is so dry though and we haven't had any rain for a month now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:59 am

20C this morning with no wind and 100% humidity (seriously, that's what environment Canada says)... gives a 28C humidex.

Expecting a sunny and 28C day.

It rained during the night.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:06 am

20 overnight. Some parts of the city got enough rain to pool, but not here. 30 today, with increasing poor air quality due to wildfires.

Oh, goody.

But at least it will drop 5 - 8 degrees for the foreseeable forecast.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:26 am

My neighbour left some meat out on his deck, and it smoked itself in a couple hours.

Thick, ugly smoke. It's so thick that the 30 degree weather predicted turned to 14 degrees. Same for most of the week.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:17 pm

Smog warning in effect for: Québec area

High concentrations of fine particulates are expected and will result in poor air quality. Smoke from fires in Northwestern Ontario is currently resulting in poor air quality. These conditions should persist until Tuesday morning.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:43 am

Mid 20's, light smoke today.

Going up to the 30s again for the weekend - which is the time we normally get into the 30's. After the July heatwave, we normally drop to the mid 20's again, and rarely get into the 30's.

We'll see how that goes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:14 am

WE've got smoke, heat warning and lots of fires, none close to us yet.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:43 am

Heat warning, into the 30's for the whole long weekend. :(

My garden is almost destroyed. Might get a few peppers, and a bowl of tomatoes out of it. One or two strawberries, that I ate. Kale and Chard are too small to eat. They will be like eating cardboard.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:36 pm

Hot again for the next few days but at least the worst of the smoke cleared off for the most part. It was like a gritty blanket of heat yesterday. Pretty uncomfortable all around. Been looking forward to winter since, I dunno, about the middle of June thanks to this. :|

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7521 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 462  463  464  465  466  467  468 ... 502  Next