Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:04 pm

BluesBud BluesBud:
Streaker Streaker:
Anyone know if the two guys being taunted were actually gay?
What difference would it make? It is worse if they were but this is a regular thing with these guys. It is bound to go bad someday if it hasn't already. I just hope someone gets that on video. It would stand up better in court when charges are brought up.

I agree that what happened was unacceptable, regardless of whether or not the two guys were gay, but like you mentioned it would be far worse if they were.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:07 pm

Streaker Streaker:
BluesBud BluesBud:
Streaker Streaker:
What difference would it make? It is worse if they were but this is a regular thing with these guys. It is bound to go bad someday if it hasn't already. I just hope someone gets that on video. It would stand up better in court when charges are brought up.

I agree that what happened was unacceptable, regardless of whether or not the two guys were gay, but like you mentioned it would be far worse if they were.
I would include security at Yankee Stadium in the law suit as well. For letting it go in so long. There is now evidence to that fact.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:58 pm

$1:

Clog I am speaking from experience here. This is what I do for a living. Yes I do try to keep aware with what is happening at an event. I have coverage in as many places as possible and communication everywhere.

In the end you even agree that this should have been stopped before things get out of hand. I just wonder how you would do it without making the problem escalate. I know what needs to be done, when and how, through all the years I have worked security. Yes I have handled everything from Sports Events to Metal Bands.

Good point. I never did security before mind you looking at the security people I worked with I probably would have rather had the YMCA loonies sing than have them come down. :P Most of them were drunk on the job themselves.

$1:
hose of you that say this is no big deal go back and view the Vid again. Put yourself in the picture. Not in the crowd or as one of the ones taunting, but right in the center of it all. As the guys in the middle of eight to twelve big guys shouting (or singing) at you. Hmmm,...how would you feel,....a little tense? Now add the crowd, laughing not saying anything, and no one to back you up if you talk back or worse react back. Now how do you feel? More than a little scared?

Wouldn't you want to see someone, anyone, maybe a security guard or cop?

I would have gotten up and started dancing and went along with it. :P Most likely pointing back and calling them Gay too. They are still being rude and it is not something I would do or if I was on duty would tolerate but I doubt these two are going to be traumatised for their rest of their lives because of it. This just shows how some people take sport far too seriously and has hardly anything to do with queers but more to do with them cheering for the opposing team. This is nothing new or shocking that drunk fans go nuts at sport arenas.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:03 pm

Bull, you would have soiled your undies.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:06 pm

$1:

Maybe you would. :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:11 pm

So if all baseball fans are now homophobic bullies, are all BC hockey fans rabid anarchists?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:13 pm

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
This just shows how some people take sport far too seriously and has hardly anything to do with queers but more to do with them cheering for the opposing team. This is nothing new or shocking that drunk fans go nuts at sport arenas.
Are you kidding me? I've been to a couple NHL games and many other sporting events and I've never seen people bully others like this as part of the sport.

Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:13 pm

Homophobia will always be around. The point of insulting them is more to do with them being Red Sox fans, but once they found out to be gay, well that is more "fuel to the fire" against Red Sox fans

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:15 pm

BluesBud BluesBud:
Streaker Streaker:
BluesBud BluesBud:
Streaker Streaker:

I would include security at Yankee Stadium in the law suit as well. For letting it go in so long. There is now evidence to that fact.

Yeah. Extremely unprofessional for such a large organisation.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:18 pm

BluesBud BluesBud:

Indeed, judging from the demeanor of the two guys, they seemed very intimidated.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:31 pm

Ripcat Ripcat:
Much ado about nothing.

Well Rip we finally agree on something, most everyone here needs to get away from the computer once in awhile and take in a sporting event. Maybe go to Boston and try wearing a Yankee's jeresy and see how there crowd treats you. 99% of the time it ends with nothing more than a pat on the back and a shake of hands after everything is said and done. If you want to go into the other teams barn and cheer for your team, expect to get harrassed. If you don't want to put up with it stay home and watch the game on TV. This has been going on between Yankee and Red Socks fans longer than any of you have been alive so relax.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:33 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
So if all baseball fans are now homophobic bullies, are all BC hockey fans rabid anarchists?

Um.....Yeah.... :!:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:42 pm

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
Ripcat Ripcat:
Much ado about nothing.

Well Rip we finally agree on something, most everyone here needs to get away from the computer once in awhile and take in a sporting event. Maybe go to Boston and try wearing a Yankee's jeresy and see how there crowd treats you. 99% of the time it ends with nothing more than a pat on the back and a shake of hands after everything is said and done. If you want to go into the other teams barn and cheer for your team, expect to get harrassed. If you don't want to put up with it stay home and watch the game on TV. This has been going on between Yankee and Red Socks fans longer than any of you have been alive so relax.
You're making a lot of assumptions there. We didn't see these two do anything, let alone cheer for their team. I know, let's conduct an experiment, if you have small children let's sit them down in the middle of this pack of bullies and see how long you put up with it.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:36 pm

Disagree with the lifestyle fine...but thats awful to taunt people.

disgusting.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:47 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
Ripcat Ripcat:
Much ado about nothing.

You're making a lot of assumptions there. We didn't see these two do anything, let alone cheer for their team. I know, let's conduct an experiment, if you have small children let's sit them down in the middle of this pack of bullies and see how long you put up with it.

And if i was a long time Yankee fan, i would know not to take my kids there, I'd take them to the family zone, but that's where I would want to be if I was going by myself. It's tradition. Like i said you have to know the history of these 2 teams. If i flew to NY to catch a RS / Yank game i'd be disappointed if i didn't see that happen, with me knowing the rivalry i would expect it, it'all part of the game. Crowd works as hard as the team does for a win. You know those thing usually end with a couple beer bought for the abused and an invitation to the next game.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 16  Next