bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:41 pm

FieryVulpine FieryVulpine:
stratos stratos:
When is the next election? if anytime within the next year why do a rally when you can just vote him out of office.

It is next year but Ford's opponents are impatient nor do they have much faith in democracy as the Star's de facto campaigning for Smitherman accomplished little. Perhaps the left should consider letting only one candidate campaign as one of the factors in Ford's win in the first place was the split vote between his opponents from what I understand.

Lefties love democracy when their guy wins. Not so much when they lose. Surely, they lost because of some sort of flaw in the system or maybe cheating. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:50 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Lefties love democracy when their guy wins. Not so much when they lose. Surely, they lost because of some sort of flaw in the system or maybe cheating. :lol:

Righties love democracy when their guy wins. Not so much when they lose. Surely, they lost because of some sort of flaw in the system or maybe cheating.

Funny how that works both ways. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:55 pm

But he's Our Guy! The last time I saw the partisans going to the mat with such intensity the way some of these jokers are for Rob Ford was when the Dippers were falling all over themselves making excuses for famous jewel thief and notable son of a bitch Svend Robinson.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:00 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
stratos stratos:
When is the next election? if anytime within the next year why do a rally when you can just vote him out of office.

It is next year but Ford's opponents are impatient nor do they have much faith in democracy as the Star's de facto campaigning for Smitherman accomplished little. Perhaps the left should consider letting only one candidate campaign as one of the factors in Ford's win in the first place was the split vote between his opponents from what I understand.

You'd be gravely mistaken if you actually thought this applied to lefties only.

See Bart and Obama....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:01 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
stratos stratos:

I think though, both lefties and righties don't like crackheads running their city. :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:19 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:

I think though, both lefties and righties don't like crackheads running their city. :lol:

I'd vote for a crackhead if he could get the potholes fixed.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:24 pm

The problem with the accusations against Rob Ford are evident; there has been absolutely not one shred of evidence provided. I do not even know how any newspaper can stand behind such "journalism", especially since they have a very public and well known dislike for the mayor. Why didn't the same owner of the video contact, say CP24? This has been treated like a public court case with no evidence. If I were him I wouldn't have responded to the accusations either other than to state "show me the video and I will respond to it".

This isn't even about one's opinion of the guy, hell he is sometimes easy to dislike based on some of the actions he has shown, but that is a moot point, he is there to run the city, if he does it well I don't care about his personality. It's not as if I have to work beside the guy or hang out with him. This is about the "rule of law", responsible journalism and democracy. He was elected by a wide margin, if some are trying to oust him with either unfounded allegations or minor indescretions than there is a major problem. If they have evidence, than get a hold of it. If the Star reporters were so convinced of the authenticity and believed their reporters they should have ponied up the $200k.

Here is the worrisome part as far as I am concerned. This type of percussion without facts runs deep in this country, in this particular case it just happened to be against a well known man and they had the means to do it through the media. These types of activities are happening to many regular Canadians within the security apparatus, at their regular places of employment and within their own circle of friends.

I would be willing to bet that the ongoing onslaught against this guy has had the opposite intended effect. He will garner more sympathy and votes due to the perceived injustice he is experiencing. If he is as defiant as he has been acting, there is no way he will walk away from his job.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:36 pm

Exactly what people said about Watergate and Lance Armstrong and every other turd exposed by investigative reporting. Funny thing, though, that it always turns out that the press was right when the story runs its course, despite the partisan naysayers.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:39 pm

"I am not a crook!"

We all heard that one before.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:47 pm

"Several hundred protesters gathered outside Toronto city hall bellowed chants, held placards and scratched out messages using sticks of chalk Saturday as they made their case for Mayor Rob Ford to resign in the wake of an alleged drug video scandal."

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/technology ... z2V02CoLHt

8O massive turnout!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:55 pm

$1:
Righties love democracy when their guy wins. Not so much when they lose. Surely, they lost because of some sort of flaw in the system or maybe cheating.

Yet sometimes it is true.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/52065103/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:57 pm

shockedcanadian shockedcanadian:
Why didn't the same owner of the video contact, say CP24?

Well, he did contact the Sun, but didn't identify what the video was about so the Sun didn't follow up.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Unless the video surfaces, this should be dropped. The police are supposedly investigating murders linked to the video, doubtful that somebody would produce it now. I believe the video exists and showed Ford smoking something and making homophobic comments. But just the various reporters' say so isn't good enough, time to move on, until the next scandal hits.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:11 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:

Some Torontonians would have loved to have the former drug addict, high school dropout named George Smitherman to run the City after he butchered his file at the Provincial level.

It's not the crack that's the problem, it's the politics. It's ok to do crack and be an uneducated moron...if you're a Liberal.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:17 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
It's not the crack that's the problem, it's the politics. It's ok to do crack and be an uneducated moron...if you're a Liberal.

...and it's OK to make moronic statements like this, if you're a partisan hack.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  9 ... 15  Next